PDA

View Full Version : So upset

KLD313
03-03-2011, 02:52 PM
My dad died almost four years ago in a plane crash. I picked up the only thing that was saved from the crash, his wallet and money. It was hard to look at and after I did I put it all in an envelope and really hadn't looked at in awhile. I needed something out of it today and when I opened the envelope I noticed the money was gone. I know my ex-husband stole it because he was the only other person in the house and he knew about it because he was with me when I got it. He's also stolen from me before. I'm sick about it, crying and shaking. I could care less about the money because I never would've spent it but I knew it was something he touched, like a last link to him. I really feel like emailing my ex and telling him off but I guess I won't because he's a liar and will deny it and I have an ongoing legal battle with him.

sste
03-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Truly, may he rot in h*ll, preferably on earth.

That has got to be one of the most foul things I have ever heard of someone doing.

Your most important memories of your dad are in your heart and your ex can't touch those - - I'm sure you know that, but just a reminder of all you have AND all your ex lost!!

TwinFoxes
03-03-2011, 03:12 PM
That is despicable. I mean, wow. He is a lowlife.

I am so sorry. It must have been such a punch in the gut to realize what had happened. :hug:

elektra
03-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Just horrible!

ThreeofUs
03-03-2011, 03:29 PM
GRRRRRRRR! What a horrible thing to do. Document it, file a police report, get them to fingerprint the envelope. (Maybe it could help you in your legal battle?)

jal
03-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Don't give your ex the satisfaction of knowing the missing money is getting to you.

I hope you'll also try to see that money is transitory, that it's something you never "own". The only thing that even uniquely identifies money is the serial numbers printed on them that we never pay attention to anyway. Otherwise, one dollar bill is pretty much the same as any other dollar bill.

But a wallet... that's a part of you. You carry it around, it belongs to you, you rely on it to help organize your life... it's a part of your life.

So as long as you have that wallet, you still have a piece of your father. But that missing money? It really belonged to the resturant he would have used it to purchase his next meal.

crl
03-03-2011, 04:03 PM
I am so sorry.

Catherine

Puddy73
03-03-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm sorry. I can't imagine how awful that must feel. As for your ex, may he truly be karma's b*tch.

citymama
03-03-2011, 04:24 PM
What a low-life. I'm so sorry.

mommylamb
03-03-2011, 04:43 PM
I am so glad that you are no longer married to that man! What an a$$!!

brittone2
03-03-2011, 05:00 PM
THat's positively repugnant. I'm so sorry.

twowhat?
03-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Wow. Just, wow. He is, without doubt, slime mold.

Melanie
03-03-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm so sorry. That is an awful rotten thing to do.

YouAreTheFocus
03-03-2011, 05:30 PM
I am so sorry that he took this from you. I totally understand how painful it must have been when you realized the money was gone. My Dad passed away a few years ago and I saved his wallet as well. I'd like to keep it intact, just as he left it. :hug:

KLD313
03-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks everyone. I know he didn't own the money but I just feel like he must've touched it that morning because I'm sure he tipped someone or something like that. However, I did just remember that I took a dollar out of the money and put in a different place so I'm going to check for it and that's better than nothing.

My ex is beyond evil, I think he's a psychopath he has no concept of reality, lies about everything and I'm not going to contact him. It just bothers me because we were separated when he came with me and we saw the crash site and he acted all sad and like it bothered him but he truly is heartless and sick.

He emails me from time to time and tells me how he prays for my dad, makes me sick. I don't email back, I need to block him from contacting me.

liz
03-03-2011, 06:57 PM
I just read your post. Your ex sounds like a horrible person- I am sorry you still have to deal with him. So sorry about the missing money- that is just so wrong. :hug:

plusbellelavie
03-03-2011, 07:46 PM
What a horrible horrible man! What a vile thing to do someone...I hope you have nothing ever to with him! What a small small person....I am so mad for you!

I am so sorry that you have to deal with that...:hug:

hopeful_mama
03-03-2011, 07:55 PM
:hug: I'm so sorry, that's just awful! Thank goodness he didn't take anything else. PT that your legal battles go well.

maiaann
03-03-2011, 08:00 PM
I am so sorry. You have every right to be upset. *HUGS* :grouphug:

mctlaw
03-03-2011, 09:08 PM
How repugnant. I am so sorry. :hug: I would also be furious.

MamaMolly
03-03-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm so sorry. That is so rotten. What an awful man.

golightly1118
03-03-2011, 11:13 PM
I am so sorry that happened to you. And I agree with PP, may he be karma's b*tch.

DrSally
03-03-2011, 11:14 PM
That is so terrible. I'm so sorry.

firemama
03-04-2011, 11:38 PM
That's awful. So sorry that happened. What a jerk!

Fairy
03-04-2011, 11:44 PM
I am so sorry! What a terrible, terrible thing to do. Don't worry, karma's a bitch.

kellyd
03-06-2011, 12:36 AM
This makes me ill! My parents died unexpectedly 9 1/2 years ago and my moms purse still sits in the back of my closet. There's nothing in there besides her glasses and wallet w/ nothing of value but I'd be positively sick of someone messed with it. I'm so sorry!