PDA

View Full Version : Jillian Michaels

lhafer
03-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Anyone tried her workouts/videos? I signed up on her website today. Just wondering what videos and workouts I should get to help me get started.

SnuggleBuggles
03-03-2011, 05:02 PM
30 Day Shred is good!
Beth

bubbaray
03-03-2011, 10:13 PM
I have a bunch of her videos. Start with 30day Shred, it is pretty good.

happymom
03-04-2011, 12:34 AM
OK, I just *have* to say that I tried her 30 day shred for the first time this past Monday...started with level 1 since I am completely out of shape. Well, I don't know what the heck I did, but about 8 minutes in, my knees completely gave out and I couldn't stand. The next morning, I was in complete agony. My thighs hurt so much, I just wanted to cry. I have not been able to walk down stairs (up is not as bad) without severe pain, and going from standing to sitting is agonizing! Today (Thursday) is the first day that I feel a bit better. Anyways, I know people really like her workout, so I'm not discouraging it. But is you are out of shape, take it slow and be careful! She makes it look so easy, you don't realize how intense it actually is.

Twoboos
03-04-2011, 10:38 AM
If you have cable with OnDemand, they often have many of her workouts on there for free.

I also killed myself on one of her workouts once, the kettleball one. You had to do about 1435 squats and jump in a circle. My thighs were destroyed, not helped by the fact that the day before I did a spinning class, after not working out for many weeks. STUPID!!

Take is slow and as with any new workout, listen to your body!