PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Never underestimate the power of a well-fitting bra

DebbieJ
03-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Now that DS2 has weaned, it was time to get a real bra or two. I had a couple I snagged off the Kohl's clearance rack, but they were obviously too small.

So online I went. Breakout Bras www.breakoutbras.com (http://www.breakoutbras.com) to the rescue! I measured myself using their guidelines and got the Elomi #3911 in the size they recommended (each bra has notes about the sizing on the bottom of the listing--for this one I had to size down).

It finally arrived today. OMG it fits like a DREAM! I feel so confident in this!

My advice? If you haven't been professionally fitted or at least measured yourself before buying a bra, please do it! Don't guess at your size and try one on and decide it fits. Now that I have a bra that fits well, I feel like a new person.

Also, be prepared to spend GOOD money on a bra if you want one that fits.

Good luck!

american_mama
03-03-2011, 05:54 PM
I had a very similar story, going to Victoria's Secret twice during their big sale. Go during a quiet time if you can. The people there seem to really like and know bra fitting and their line of bras, and it was super helpful to have a runner go and get different sizes and styles. I think my breasts are much bigger but saggier after three kiddos, and I have often felt a bit negative about it, but those Victoria's Secret bras are awesome. Cleavage, lift, support... I look amazing in them.

DebbieJ
03-03-2011, 06:22 PM
I had a very similar story, going to Victoria's Secret twice during their big sale. Go during a quiet time if you can. The people there seem to really like and know bra fitting and their line of bras, and it was super helpful to have a runner go and get different sizes and styles. I think my breasts are much bigger but saggier after three kiddos, and I have often felt a bit negative about it, but those Victoria's Secret bras are awesome. Cleavage, lift, support... I look amazing in them.

I have found the VS customer service and sizing skill to vary WIDELY from location to location. Plus, they are USELESS for us larger busted women. They don't carry my size in store. Who knows if they have it online. ETA: NOPE, don't have my size online either.

amm40
03-03-2011, 06:23 PM
I agree. And you need to keep going in to be fitted, things change! After weaning DS, I went to Nordstrom and had the best fitting of my life. I've been back every 6months. By that time, the bras are loosing their elasticity, and I've almost always lost more fullness, or gone down a band size, or now I'm going back up due to pregnancy... It's always such a relief to have new bras that fit. I'm spoiled :love5:

wendibird22
03-03-2011, 06:29 PM
I couldn't agree more. I love the online fit calculator at birthandbaby.com. You can use it whether nursing or not. It is the only calculation that gives me the correct size. None of the other measure here and subtract there calculations work out right for me. I think having a very small band size and large cup size makes some of the calculations faulty.

carolinamama
03-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Yep - after DS2 weaned, I went to Nordstrom and got fitted and tried on about 20 bras to see which ones I liked best. The two I picked are still my favorite. It was money well spent.

Glad you found something that works really well for you.

DrSally
03-03-2011, 09:47 PM
I got fitted at Nordstrom several months after ending nursing. Best decision. I had gone down a whole band size and needed a different type of cup. So nice to have a supportive, well fitting bra.