PDA

View Full Version : Forlorn, forgotten breastmilk baggie

Uno-Mom
03-04-2011, 01:18 AM
This isn't about baby feeding really, it's just an anecdote of motherhood, so I'm putting it in this forum.

Last night I rummaged through our big freezer looking for chicken stock. I found one, forgotten Medela freezer bag of breastmilk. I don't know why, but it made me feel kind of sad and now I don't know quite what to do with it.

Sprog nursed til 13 months but she's 15 months now. DH and I were sure we ransacked the fridge and used up every last drop of BM stash.

What would you do with it, if you were me? It doesn't feel right to toss something that hard-earned and such a momento. All that breastmilk...all those HOURS of pumping...was such an intense labor of love. I feel kind of emotional about it.

But it would certainly be strange to keep it! :)

citymama
03-04-2011, 01:22 AM
Is it still good? I've forgotten (still going strong nursing at 10 months but haven't been freezing as much this time). If so, mix some up with her cereal or something?

rlu
03-04-2011, 01:29 AM
Is it still good? I've forgotten (still going strong nursing at 10 months but haven't been freezing as much this time). If so, mix some up with her cereal or something?

I agree, mix in her food if it smells ok when defrosted.