PDA

View Full Version : Which store to get GC for as baby shower present?

kozachka
03-04-2011, 02:53 AM
If it were you, which store would you prefer to get a gift card to as a gift for the first time parents? I am thinking Amazon. Or do you think a B&M store like Target would be better? This is for a tech-savvy Yuppie colleague. We are all contributing $$ to the GC.

citymama
03-04-2011, 02:58 AM
Amazon - and tell them about Amazon Mom!

squimp
03-04-2011, 03:35 AM
Target. I spent what seemed like billions there when DD was a baby. I needed to see stuff in person.

fumofu
03-04-2011, 03:59 AM
Amazon - and tell them about Amazon Mom!

:yeahthat:

boilermakermom
03-04-2011, 05:12 AM
I would choose either target/babies r us/buy buy baby. Whichever is closer to their home.

Target was closest to us-BRU was more the. An hour away. We rec'd a ton of BRU gift cards when DD was born. It took forever to us them, b/c we never went there. It was too much of an 'outing'

kedss
03-04-2011, 05:49 AM
Probably Babies R Us or Amazon, esp of they do most of their shopping online.

3blackcats
03-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Target! Dh was there every single day the first week DD was born.

JBaxter
03-04-2011, 08:42 AM
I would say Target. Especially if its a first baby. I need to SEE things first

lizzywednesday
03-04-2011, 08:43 AM
Where are they registered?

I registered at Target & Amazon, received Target gift cards ... and BRU gift cards.

I think I still have a $25 BRU gift card somewhere; I'd have preferred another Target card!

I say Amazon, with the info about Amazon Mom, and/or Target if there is one near their home. (Target is about a mile away from us; DH was there with or without me nearly every day after DD came home.)

ett
03-04-2011, 09:30 AM
I would say Target. Especially if its a first baby. I need to SEE things first

:yeahthat:

Melaine
03-04-2011, 09:37 AM
I would vote Target. No Amazon. No Target.

Both are good choices, or even Buy Buy Baby. Just not BRU.

MelissaTC
03-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Target. It seems like it was my go-to place. You can get just about anything there!

Pear
03-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Probably Target or BRU, whichever is closer to the couple.

I got a large gift card from some co-workers to a children's clothing chain. DD is about to turn 2 and I am just now about to use it up. I have bought her clothing elsewhere too so that did stretch it. Anyway, I love having this card. It's great to do a little kids shopping without worrying about budget. I've used it for needs and splurges.

vonfirmath
03-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Where are they registered?

I registered at Target & Amazon, received Target gift cards ... and BRU gift cards

This. Wherever they are registered.

MaiseyDog
03-04-2011, 12:57 PM
I don't have a specific b&m store in mind, but I would have definately preferred a b&m store. With a newborn, when I needed something, i needed it that day. i didn't have the patience to wait from shipping. Besides, like others has mentioned, DH was at target or wal-mart every day for the first few weeks because we kept finding things that we needed.

mommy111
03-04-2011, 01:02 PM
For myself, Amazon. But I voted target because its more ubiquitous. On the other hand if you know this is an Amazon person, I would change my vote.

AnnieW625
03-04-2011, 01:07 PM
I almost voted for Target, but chose other B&M store because I really like the Pottery Barn Kids stuff I have and it's really good quality stuff (except the towels, don't like those at all). Most people probably think oh that's too expensive so I'll never get anything there, but overall it's a nice change for something nice. We got more stuff from Pottery Barn Kids than we did from BRUS when I had DD1.