PDA

View Full Version : We need "views" - help save the neglected forums!!

momm
03-04-2011, 12:10 PM
I think having a "view" (database/ software term) where we could see all the latest posts, would be extremely helpful.

All the posts could still go into their individual forums. But having a view, i.e. a page where you could go to see all the latest threads from all the different forums, would allow for threads to not be neglected.

What happens now, is that most people just navigate to the Lounge, by default, and therefore most of the other forums do not have enough traffic. I would only go to the sleep forum if I have a specific question. But I am missing so many questions posted by others, which I might have answers to.

A view with all the threads would solve this problem of neglected forums, and still keep the threads organized into their specific forums.

WolfpackMom
03-04-2011, 12:11 PM
We do, click on "new posts." I never go in to any particular forum, I just click on that each time I come here.

arivecchi
03-04-2011, 12:12 PM
We do, click on "new posts." I never go in to any particular forum, I just click on that each time I come here.
:yeahthat:

momm
03-04-2011, 12:13 PM
really? omg - where, where where? I can't see it..

I am looking at this page to find it...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Am I in the wrong place?

love_a_latte
03-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Look in the top thin purple header, 5th from the left. Just to the left of the search function.

momm
03-04-2011, 01:08 PM
omg! thank you!! I wuv you!! ;)

artvandalay
03-04-2011, 01:38 PM
What happens now, is that most people just navigate to the Lounge, by default, and therefore most of the other forums do not have enough traffic..

I never do this.. I always go to New Posts.

3blackcats
03-04-2011, 01:44 PM

Love looking this way, I will never go back to looking in each forum again.

wendibird22
03-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Yup, I'm a "new posts" surfer too.

vludmilla
03-04-2011, 04:04 PM

Love looking this way, I will never go back to looking in each forum again.

I agree for the most part. I love the "new posts" function but if there are 8 pages of new posts and I get caught up reading or step away from the computer for too long, then I lose track of posts and that is how I miss things even though I am on at least once a day.