PDA

View Full Version : Why Florida did you elect Rick Scott?

BabyMine
03-04-2011, 03:55 PM
He has turned down the 2.4 million the government was giving Florida for a high speed rail. He decided not to continue with a state database for narcotic prescriptions. Why dear Floridians did you think we would be better off with him? He stole from Medicare.

larig
03-04-2011, 05:31 PM
I'd be pretty pissed about the train. That stinks. Especially since it was really not a gamble for him. Businesses were going to help pick up the tab. Seemed like a no-brainer.

BabyMine
03-04-2011, 07:56 PM
I'd be pretty pissed about the train. That stinks. Especially since it was really not a gamble for him. Businesses were going to help pick up the tab. Seemed like a no-brainer.

It would have created so many jobs and those people would spend their money here. I hope the public recall him. The good this is that it's bipartisan hatred.

dogmom
03-05-2011, 05:28 AM
Wow, I can't believe he's stopping the narcotic data base. Maybe all those pain clinics gave him lots of money. I watched this really interesting documentary on the pain clinic/oxycontin epidemic. Of the top 50 prescribers of oxycontin in the US, all 50 are in Florida. Airlines are full of people running oxycontin back from Floriday to Kentucky, Tennessee, etc. They did part of the story in a small rural county in TN I think, it was just heartbreaking. Of course it's all legal to bring on board because they have a prescription from paying cash up front.

BeachBum
03-05-2011, 08:51 AM
I happen to like him.

BabyMine
03-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Wow, I can't believe he's stopping the narcotic data base. Maybe all those pain clinics gave him lots of money. I watched this really interesting documentary on the pain clinic/oxycontin epidemic. Of the top 50 prescribers of oxycontin in the US, all 50 are in Florida. Airlines are full of people running oxycontin back from Floriday to Kentucky, Tennessee, etc. They did part of the story in a small rural county in TN I think, it was just heartbreaking. Of course it's all legal to bring on board because they have a prescription from paying cash up front.

There is a bill that will be able to recall elected individuals in Florida.
http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/february/208947

http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/sections/Bills/billsdetail.aspx?BillId=45814