PDA

View Full Version : Darn you snooze button!

edurnemk
03-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Dear DH, I've come to the conclusion that you and DS are deliberately conspiring to sabotage my precious last hour of sleep. First, for some miraculous reason, DS started sleeping until 7 am, I felt so blessed after 3 years of rising at 5:30-6 am. But for some reason, at this same point you've decided to start working out before work... or at least you intend to. So you set the alarm for 6 am... and hit the snooze button... over.and.over.again.every.single.morning. Thus obliterating the last hour of precious sleep I thought I was going to get. 'Cause you know I'm a light sleeper, right? I hear your alarm, I wake up and then when I'm finally starting to doze off again, the alarm goes off again... and this happens every X minutes until almost 7 am. Why kid yourself? You're not getting up at 6, so WHY SET THE FREAKIN' ALARM AT 6AM? Just set it for 6:45 and LET ME SLEEP IN PEACE! If this happens again, I swear, I'll kick you out of the bed. And I'm sorry, but if I'm not going to get to sleep in until 7 am, I am no longer going to wait up for you to come home for work at 10+ pm and sit with you while you eat your reheated dinner.

And of course, the few mornings when you don't do this, DS yells from his room for things he needed at 5:30 am: Mommy, I need to go to the potty! Mommy, I'm cold!, Mommy, I can't find George (his lovey)!

Ugh! All I want is one night with 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

sidmand
03-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Are we married to the same man? I finally told him he can't hit the snooze button more than once. And then he doesn't understand why I'm always tired!

And my DS is usually self sufficient at this point but not always. I have had the early morning potty awakenings or he doesn't know which shirt goes first when getting dressed or he just comes in to say "hi."

edurnemk
03-07-2011, 12:41 PM
I think he finally got a clue, today I only heard the alarm once.

BabbyO
03-07-2011, 02:07 PM
I made DH move the alarm clock across the room so he actually had to get out of bed to turn it off.

I love that my grown man of a husband can't go through the night with out having to go to the bathroom...and he inevitably gets up around 5:30 to pee. I'm not only a light sleeper, but also have a hard time falling asleep once I'm woken up...So 4 out of 5 mornings he gets up at 5:30 and wakes me...and I manage to fall asleep about 5:56...my alarm goes off at 6.