PDA

View Full Version : Quick! Need bday gift ideas for 1 yo girl

longtallsally05
03-04-2011, 04:59 PM
X-posted in the lounge, so I'd get more traffic.

I'm thinking Playskool Ball Popper, but I need some alternatives in case I can't find it at the store. I'd like to spend less than $25. The party is tomorrow...nothing like waiting until the last minute, eh?

TIA!

calv
03-04-2011, 05:00 PM
A pillow pet!! :)

bubbaray
03-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Corolle Calin or Tidoo doll.

Pinky
03-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Target has a nifty band in a drum set in their toy section that I think most 1 year olds would love.

bubbaray
03-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Target has a nifty band in a drum set in their toy section that I think most 1 year olds would love.

A drum, musical set, or annoying game like Lucky Ducks is only an appropriate gift if you strongly dislike the parents.

Just sayin'

Twoboos
03-04-2011, 06:28 PM
I posted yesterday looking for a 1yo gift. Someone (eek, I don't remember who!) posted about this and it looks so fun! She said it's now her go-to one year old gift.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3539963

citymama
03-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Books and CDs! From head to toe is my very favorite 1st bday board book. Laurie Berkner's Buzz Buzz is a good CD at this age.

Melaine
03-04-2011, 06:54 PM
DH is reading over my shoulder and he says, "A puppy". I think he is serious.

I second the rec for Tidoo or Calin.

YouAreTheFocus
03-04-2011, 07:34 PM
A drum, musical set, or annoying game like Lucky Ducks is only an appropriate gift if you strongly dislike the parents.

Just sayin'

Really? I was going to suggest a musical instrument as well. Our 1 yr old has 3 drums, a ukelele, maracas, a piano, a xylophone, & probably others that I am forgetting. He's always loved banging on drums and we're all for it!

bubbaray
03-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Do a search here in the BP for a poster "elizabethknot" (IIRC) and The Jones. Specifically search Lucky Ducks and you'll get the picture.

Pinky
03-04-2011, 08:16 PM

Just sayin'

Really? I was going to suggest a musical instrument as well. Our 1 yr old has 3 drums, a ukelele, maracas, a piano, a xylophone, & probably others that I am forgetting. He's always loved banging on drums and we're all for it!

I was also really surprised to hear that... of course I'm a FTM so maybe I'll learn to hate the drum. LOL It's not all that loud though and I anticipate putting it away if we get tired of it.

hillview
03-04-2011, 08:20 PM
I agree things that make noise (sound) should really be the parent's decision. I like Coroll doll idea, or a good book -- the Boynton books are great.
/hillary

Pinky
03-04-2011, 08:56 PM
I agree things that make noise (sound) should really be the parent's decision. I like Coroll doll idea, or a good book -- the Boynton books are great.
/hillary

We have several of the Boynton books! Good suggestion.

longtallsally05
03-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Do a search here in the BP for a poster "elizabethknot" (IIRC) and The Jones. Specifically search Lucky Ducks and you'll get the picture.

Oh, I remember the thread(s) and I'm still laughing! I actually bought my DS the drum set filled with musical instruments for Christmas and we're still alive but yes, I can see how other parents would cringe if I bought it for their child. As it happens, we really like these people and they are our landlords! Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have fun shopping tomorrow!

ps. A puppy? Surely the man was joking...right?

Seitvonzu
03-04-2011, 10:38 PM
i was the person who posted the bathtoy-- if you can find it- it's AWESOME. (it's also sold out everywhere online lately? hrm.)

longtallsally05
03-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Thanks, all. I found the Ball Popper for only $15 bucks, so I went with it. I enjoyed checking out the other ideas though. Oddly enough, I couldn't find Lucky Ducks in the game section, lol!

dec756
03-06-2011, 11:18 PM
learn and groove table!!