PDA

View Full Version : While I love my B Ready, I've also gotta show some love to Phil and Ted...

drcarpiodds
03-05-2011, 01:06 AM
I just want to say that I LOVE my Britax B Ready soOoo much....... that I'm considering buying another one (in a different color of course) because of the new colors and all the great deals with the FREE RIDE event!

It's such a great stroller with so many different capabilities...

It works as a stroller frame (carseat adapters included for the Britax infant carseat, or can be purchased for other infant carseats) for one or two babies (for all the twinners out there)... It works for a single rider with the one seat - forward or rear facing... It works for two riders (for those parents with 2 under 2 or 3 under 3, etc.), and the younger ones can be parent facing (in the main seat) or hidden from touchy feely strangers (or people you do know) with germs; the older child can also hide out for nap time (while you shop); and then when one child is old enough and doesn't want to ride anymore or only wants to ride sometimes, the stroller acts like a single rider stroller. Fold is great, dual recline is great, dual sunshades are even better.

If you're on the fence about buying one, just go ahead and take the plunge...

It's worth every penny!

(I know this sounds really biased, and that's because it is... I can't deny it, LOVE my B Ready!)

roseyloxs
03-05-2011, 02:05 AM
Hmmm... I just spent the better part of the night getting diapers.com to do a pricematch for the B-ready. I have one in green with second seat sitting in my cart for $410. T-3 days to decide whether to click BUY! The customer service agent told me this price is just above cost for them. Darn stroller itch just won't go away. I am all over the place... MB swift, to Maclaren starck, to Britax B-ready.. can you tell I don't know what I want? :confused:

http://www.britaxusa.com/uploads/products/strollers/fabrics/medium/britax-green-139.jpg

So pretty in green.

drcarpiodds
03-05-2011, 02:15 AM
Hmmm... I just spent the better part of the night getting diapers.com to do a pricematch for the B-ready. I have one in green with second seat sitting in my cart for $410. T-3 days to decide whether to click BUY! The customer service agent told me this price is just above cost for them. Darn stroller itch just won't go away. I am all over the place... MB swift, to Maclaren starck, to Britax B-ready.. can you tell I don't know what I want? :confused:

http://www.britaxusa.com/uploads/products/strollers/fabrics/medium/britax-green-139.jpg

So pretty in green.

DO IT! Scratch the itch =)

Diapers.com does have FREE returns, so you could always try it and see if you feel the same B Ready love. If not, you can always send it back.

Do like arivecchi did with the avio... no harm, no foul, and now she's no longer wondering "what if?"

Again, I say DO IT!!! BUY!

berlinsoul
03-05-2011, 03:51 AM
I'd say if you WANTED the Swift you'll regret not getting it and getting non-air tires. even though the features on the B-Ready are sweet...;) (Are you planning on replacing the Bee??)

If you'll decide against the Swift (which is much more affordable in the US) I would wait and check out all the new brands that you could purchase in Germany (I understood you are moving abroad soon) --- at least I would do this if I'd move to the US...:D
just my 2cents...

berlinsoul
03-05-2011, 03:52 AM
DO IT! Scratch the itch =)
Do like arivecchi did with the avio... no harm, no foul, and now she's no longer wondering "what if?"

that is also a very wise suggestion!! :thumbsup:

Multimama
03-05-2011, 08:48 AM

Don't do it! The B-ready price is amazing, but it is too wide and heavy for Europe and the push is only so-so. And $410 is still a lot of cash. (Congrats on the pricematch though. Diapers.com hates me. They never lavish me with pricematches and credits the way they do everyone else. Oh well, that's better for my wallet.)

poohbear
03-05-2011, 09:10 AM

So pretty in green.

I :heartbeat: the green. I almost bought the stroller just to have it in the green... Seriously... Diapers offers free returns.. I hear you though... I'm ready for something new too. Ugh the stroller itch is the worst! Maybe buying and knowing whether or not it's right for you will make you feel better...

Did anyone see this (Twilight color):
http://images.nitrosell.com/product_images/9/2095/large-b-ready-stroller-twilight.jpg

Love the black frame and black wheels too - the color looks like it sparkles.... It's only available for pre-order though (smartmomma has the whole set for $459)...

drcarpiodds
03-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Did anyone see this (Twilight color):
http://images.nitrosell.com/product_images/9/2095/large-b-ready-stroller-twilight.jpg

Love the black frame and black wheels too - the color looks like it sparkles.... It's only available for pre-order though (smartmomma has the whole set for $459)...[/QUOTE]

Although I would love the pink for a future dd, this is the color I would buy if I were to get another one. I then would try my silver seats on the black frame to see what that looks like. Also pondered the idea of all black (black frame and seats - would call it midnight or the nite ryder) :D

roseyloxs
03-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Don't do it! The B-ready price is amazing, but it is too wide and heavy for Europe and the push is only so-so. And $410 is still a lot of cash. (Congrats on the pricematch though. Diapers.com hates me. They never lavish me with pricematches and credits the way they do everyone else. Oh well, that's better for my wallet.)

This is what I am afraid of. I briefly saw the B-ready at a BBB and my first thought was how BIG it was. I think I just mentioned it to pregnant friends and a few times on the board and started to wonder if its right for me too.

arivecchi
03-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Roseyloxs, I think MB has more pics of the plus one on its website. Maybe check that out?

roseyloxs
03-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Roseyloxs, I think MB has more pics of the plus one on its website. Maybe check that out?

That is a much better option although its double the price and probably not going to be available before the movers come. Oh well. I think I will be sticking with what I got until I move. Soon the movers will come and take all my strollers and I won't be able to flip flop anymore. So who will tell me all the bargains for Europe?

drcarpiodds
03-16-2011, 04:29 PM
... that I'm considering buying another one (in a different color of course) because of the new colors and all the great deals with the FREE RIDE event!

It's such a great stroller with so many different capabilities...

It works as a stroller frame (carseat adapters included for the Britax infant carseat, or can be purchased for other infant carseats) for one or two babies (for all the twinners out there)... It works for a single rider with the one seat - forward or rear facing... It works for two riders (for those parents with 2 under 2 or 3 under 3, etc.), and the younger ones can be parent facing (in the main seat) or hidden from touchy feely strangers (or people you do know) with germs; the older child can also hide out for nap time (while you shop); and then when one child is old enough and doesn't want to ride anymore or only wants to ride sometimes, the stroller acts like a single rider stroller. Fold is great, dual recline is great, dual sunshades are even better.

If you're on the fence about buying one, just go ahead and take the plunge...

It's worth every penny!

(I know this sounds really biased, and that's because it is... I can't deny it, LOVE my B Ready!)

So after I had expressed my heartfelt love my B Ready, Phil and Ted were a bit jealous, and they too are offering a FREE RIDE (although it's called DOUBLE YOUR BUGGY FOR FREE)!

SoOoOOo... I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Phil and Ted Explorer (an upgrade for my dash model, which if the explorer is as awesome as it sounds and looks, will be on CL in the near future)...

Hope I made a good choice... any explorer owners out there to help me rationalize this purchase?