PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard about a Cybex double?

roseyloxs
03-05-2011, 01:34 AM
I somehow stumbled upon this (http://www.kidstodayonline.com/article/535346-Gear_Vendors_Strive_to_Offer_Versatility.php) while browsing the internet in search of kinderwagon reviews:

Regal Lager debuted the newest stroller in the German Cybex line that the company has been distributing since 2009. The Triton, which will be available in the United States in August 2011, can be used in a variety of different ways, including single mode, sibling mode and twin mode, with two carry cots, two car seats or two stroller seats. With a retail of $599 for a single seat and options to add a second later, the Triton is effective as a single stroller, according to Jeff Durkee, director of sales for Regal Lager, as well as a great double stroller.
"It's got fantastic lines, it's very sleek from the side and robust from the front. It can face either direction, recline in four positions, can be used with a carry cot or the Aton infant car seat, is very maneuverable and features a huge basket," he said.
The Triton is also engineered with an expandable footprint for added length and stability, and so the user automatically gets the correct suspension.
"When we showed that expandable footprint, the jaws dropped," Durkee said. "There's a tremendous buzz (about the stroller)."

MamaBear
03-05-2011, 01:47 AM
I somehow stumbled upon this (http://www.kidstodayonline.com/article/535346-Gear_Vendors_Strive_to_Offer_Versatility.php) while browsing the internet in search of kinderwagon reviews:

I haven't even seen this in Germany!

drcarpiodds
03-05-2011, 02:18 AM
So in August...

I'll probably be itchin' to buy (try) this one out...

Better start saving now! =)

poohbear
03-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Hmmm... A donkey-fighter? at $600 it's definitely more affordable! I wonder what it will look like?

legaleagle
03-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Strollerqueen mentioned it on her rollout and said it looked amazing. No pic though :(

babybell
03-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Hmmm... A donkey-fighter? at $600 it's definitely more affordable! I wonder what it will look like?

Seriously! I'm very intrigued.

roseyloxs
03-05-2011, 08:31 PM

I think its going to be more of a B-ready contender but that's just a guess. It says extendable length not width so I have to assume its still a tandem double.

rin
03-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Sounds super cool. Can't wait to see pictures!

poohbear
03-05-2011, 11:46 PM
I think its going to be more of a B-ready contender but that's just a guess. It says extendable length not width so I have to assume its still a tandem double.

Oh, I missed that... guess that makes me the donkey... :ROTFLMAO:

legaleagle
03-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Yes, definitely extendable length, per SQ. That's funny that you would assume b-ready look since I was assuming BJCS.

OT, but MB has more info about the + one up on their website. Quite nifty looking!

strollerqueen
04-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Oh, yes, it was totally awesome! :jammin: Absolutely the most innovative and versatile double I have ever seen. The stroller itself actually expands, to become bigger. They kept it under wraps, literally, for fear of a competitor knocking it off. Which is why they didn't allow pics. I really hope the finished version is as cool as the prototype.

legaleagle
04-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Oooh, can't wait for this one. I guess this will keep me from buying a P&T verve until August, at least!

Alivin
04-19-2011, 07:42 PM
I hated my cybex Callisto. I know other mamas loved it but it wasn't for us. In love with my new BJCM!

legaleagle
04-19-2011, 09:24 PM
I loooove my callisto which is part of the reason I'm so excited about the double.

I personally have never been attracted to the BJCM/D, though I did convince someone in BBB to buy the double a few days ago!

roseyloxs
04-19-2011, 11:49 PM
I was attracted to the BJCM and bought it. However I sold it two months later for several reasons. I bought the Cybex Topaz a month after the BJCM sale and its been around ever since (about 8 months now). I love Cybex. I think the quality is awesome. Its sturdy, well designed and sleek looking IMHO. Wish I had the 2011 super canopy though.

Move over donkey a new double is here to steal your hype (and hopefully costs about $1300 less)

fedoragirl
04-20-2011, 06:35 PM
I hope I see it in Germany by August. I'd love to get one if it expands to fit two. I love my Cybex Callisto too. I also have a BJCM which is great too--perfect for the car. I don't know which one I'd sell first if I bought another stroller. :D