PDA

View Full Version : I seriously hate bra shopping

bubbaray
03-05-2011, 04:55 PM
WHY is it so freakin' hard to find bras that fit? I seriously must have tried on 50 bras this morning and NONE of them fit. Getting sized helps nada because every stinkin brand seems to fit different.

I hate bra shopping.

kdeunc
03-05-2011, 05:24 PM
I feel your pain as I sit here in a too small bra putting off bra shopping. It doesn't help that I finally measured myself and have been wearing a dramatically missized bra and have no hope of finding the right size anywhere in this town! :banghead:

Better luck next trip! :)

erosenst
03-05-2011, 06:25 PM
I went to Nordstrom in Chicago when I was there this summer. (Smaller Nordstrom's are more hit-or-miss IMHO, and we have smaller ones here.) It took an hour - but I walked out with 6 bras that fit. I spent a small fortune, but worth it.

mctlaw
03-05-2011, 06:36 PM
I don't know why boobs are so tricky, but I swear even Nordstrom's does not get it right half the time with me. I feel your pain.

hillview
03-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Yeah I just took 2 bras out of rotation -- I looked like a call girl in them (WAY too tight). I need new bras and was going to head to Nordstroms but ONE of the ones I took out of rotation came from their "fitting" last year ... sigh
/hillary

egoldber
03-05-2011, 07:29 PM
I feel your pain. I went to an upscale bra salon for a fitting last year and spent a fortune and walked out with two bras I like less than the 10 year old bras I have from the Playtex outlet store. :(

jenfromnj
03-05-2011, 10:07 PM
I so agree with you! I am kicking myself for not stocking up on my favorite bra when I had the chance--now they've stopped making it and I only have one, which I am going to ridiculous lengths to conserve.

blue
03-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Shopping for bras leaves me :irked:. If the style I wear stops being made :angry-smiley-005:
I hope you have better luck finding a bra that works next time OP

Snow mom
03-05-2011, 11:04 PM
Have you tried a local boutique rather than Nordstroms? I now buy bras exclusively from a local bra shop and they are beyond great at fitting. They don't just tell you what size you are going to be, they really know the breast shape that each brand suits best. They check the fit on each bra and keep bringing options until you have plenty of great options. I probably spend more on bras than any other part of my wardrobe, but it's worth it to me.

bubbaray
03-05-2011, 11:09 PM
I've done small shops, Nordstrom-like big stores, etc. I swear, the only place I know I can find a well-fitting bra is VS. People on this board look down their noses at VS, but at least their stuff fits *me*.

mctlaw
03-05-2011, 11:39 PM
I've done small shops, Nordstrom-like big stores, etc. I swear, the only place I know I can find a well-fitting bra is VS. People on this board look down their noses at VS, but at least their stuff fits *me*.

Hey, it can't be all that bad then...you must resemble Giselle Bundchen or Miranda Kerr! :wink2:

blue
03-05-2011, 11:45 PM

I don't see anything wrong with VS (but to each his own of course :)). I dislike bra shopping so much, I say buy whatever works for you anyplace you can find and afford it. For example, my current bras are from walmart :p

Indianamom2
03-06-2011, 12:14 AM
I don't see anything wrong with VS (but to each his own of course :)). I dislike bra shopping so much, I say buy whatever works for you anyplace you can find and afford it. For example, my current bras are from walmart :p

:yeahthat::yeahthat:

maestramommy
03-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Yes, I hate bra shopping only slightly less than jeans shopping. Mostly because it is rather humiliating.

Uno-Mom
03-06-2011, 07:24 PM
I was a certified bra fitter in a past life. :bag Yup, I still have my pink tape measure to prove it!

All the brands fit differently. But if you get somebody who really knows what they're doing, they should be able to tell you which ones will fit your "layout." It totally isn't just about inches.

Good luck. I can't believe how much of that knowledge is still stuffed in my brain! Wish I could replace it with something more useful.

golightly1118
03-06-2011, 08:42 PM
I'll probably be bitching about this very topic in a few weeks. I've started weaning, which means I'm going to go from having the most gorgeous cleavage I've ever had to having a pair of sad, deflated balloons. Not looking forward to that, and not looking forward to having to go through a bra fitting.

sste
03-06-2011, 09:46 PM
I was a certified bra fitter in a past life. :bag I can't believe how much of that knowledge is still stuffed in my brain! Wish I could replace it with something more useful.

Uno-Mom, NOTHING could be more useful. NOTHING!!!

blue
03-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Uno-Mom, NOTHING could be more useful. NOTHING!!!

:yeahthat: And you can put it to good use fitting the BBB ladies :D.

AnnieW625
03-07-2011, 03:25 AM
I feel your pain. VS used to fit me very well in the mid 90s, then it all changed around 2002 or 2003. I used to be able to get the original Miracle Bra from their catalog (I haven't looked in a while). I don't like my local stores near me all that much (much preferred the less crowded ones at home in Nor Cal) so now every couple of years I'll go into Nordstroms and get fitted, but I have to hunt down the 60+ yr. old woman because they do the best fittings. A younger SA once tried to convince me I was a 32DD (my ribcage has never once been that small; I was 34D while pregnant with DD1 and 38C while nursing DD1 so there was no way in hell I would lose 6" off my ribcage just from weaning DD1). We don't have a local boutique for small chested woman where I am so it's hard but I do my best once I have my current size. I am really liking Wacoal now.

elektra
03-07-2011, 04:17 AM
I was a certified bra fitter in a past life. :bag Yup, I still have my pink tape measure to prove it!

All the brands fit differently. But if you get somebody who really knows what they're doing, they should be able to tell you which ones will fit your "layout." It totally isn't just about inches.

Good luck. I can't believe how much of that knowledge is still stuffed in my brain! Wish I could replace it with something more useful.

I guess you are right, it's not about the inches at all huh? There are full breasts, saggy breasts, pointy, etc. you must know about all kinds of breast shapes and sizes! I can see where you really might rather not have all of that info swimming in your brain. ;)

OP, I have actually been successful at VS too. I thought I was the only one. But they do always change their stuff and I always seem to like whatever old version I had better than their new version.