PDA

View Full Version : Wishful thinking?

ha98ed14
03-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Is there a cleaning product that you spray on, leave on for a while, and then rinse off? Say for like bathtubs, kitchen counters, sinks? Obviously it's not gonna give you as clean of a surface as you would if you scrubbed, but I am scouring everyday and it's a PITA. I need something to tide me over between scrubbings, to get it "clean enough" IYKWIM. I've been using CLR Bathroom and Kitchen Multi Surface cleaner and it doesn't do it.

niccig
03-05-2011, 06:30 PM
what are you kitchen counters/sink/bath tub made out of???

I use bar keepers friend on my sink and bath tub. There's a gentler option..can't remember the name, but someone will be along with it soon...it's made from egg shells. You sprinkle on the bar keepers friend and then you scrub - things come off very easily.

For the shower, which is in a bath tub, I'll spray the method shower spray, supposed to help between cleanings.

For the white tile countertop - I wipe up every spill as soon as it happens - mostly it's my coffee spills. I then use barkeepers friend or a magic eraser on the grout every so often. A friend has similar white tile countertop and wanted to know my secret - wiping up spills asap is it.

I go over the bathroom counter top with a cholrox wipe every few days - it's blue tile so not as easy to stain as the kitchen.

If we ever redo the countertops - the tile is toast...hate it.

Also - how clean is "clean" for you? I don't scrub my kitchen counters every day, but they most certainly are clean - wiped down a couple of times a day. A friend of mine is OCD with cleaning, and my clean wouldn't cut it with her, but I don't see why they need to be scrubbed every day - they're not that dirty. She also scrubs her kitchen floor tile by hand every day...that's a little tooooo much.

eh613c
03-05-2011, 06:35 PM
As the PP mentioned, I also use Bar Keeper's Friend for our sink and wipe the counter regularly with anti-bacterial wipes (like Clorox). As for the bathtub, I use scrubbing bubbles.

ha98ed14
03-05-2011, 07:08 PM
I use BCF for my scrubbings, but it is not the kind of product you can put on, rinse off 10 minutes later. Maybe I will try scrubbing bubbles. If anyone else knows of anything that is scour-free, PLEASE post!

egoldber
03-06-2011, 11:54 AM
You can spray anything on and leave it and then come back and wipe it up later. I use the TJ Cleanliness is Next to..... spray cleaner and love it.

robinsmommy
03-06-2011, 01:04 PM
I have been really happy with 7th Generation's All Purpose cleaner for counters (I use the one with no scent). Sprayed on the nasty grease that splattered on the underside of the cabinet next to the stove, it worked great for the "sit a bit and wipe" method.

I also like their shower cleaner, but I have yet to find a cleaner that doesn't require some scrubbing for the hard water we have here.