PDA

View Full Version : Holy Moly

lhafer
03-06-2011, 01:11 AM
We just spent $1,100 at Bed Bath and Beyond!!! Seriously. :47: :bag :innocent:

We bought all new bedding for a king sized bed - a duvet cover, a king sized quilt, a king sized sheet set (of which DH had to get 600 thread count), all new king sized pillows (4 total), a bed skirt, new pillow cases for my daughter's pillows, a wall clock for the bathroom, a painting for his study, and a whole bunch of Good Grips containers so I can redo our pantry to see what we actually have.

Whew.

But our bed looks fantabulous!! :boogie:

And just in case you are wondering just how much stuff that is - here is what the back of my minivan (3rd row down) looked like after our shopping trip. We had also gone to Home Depot to get some stepping stones for our backyard - which is what is on the left. Sorry it's grainy - it was taken at night on my camera phone.

blue
03-06-2011, 01:51 AM
But our bed looks fantabulous!! :boogie:

That's Great! Pictures Please :loveeyes:

hillview
03-06-2011, 07:38 AM
That's Great! Pictures Please :loveeyes:

:yeahthat:

liz
03-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Wow, sounds like you had fun shopping! I hope you enjoy everything you bought. It's money well spent on something you know you will be using it everynight. And 600 count sheets sounds really lovely.

(But, please tell me you had 20% BB&B coupons- I can't help it, it's the bargain shopper in me!)

elbenn
03-06-2011, 11:10 AM
I am curious how much stepping stones like that cost. They look like they would make an awesome path.

gatorsmom
03-06-2011, 11:17 AM
You would think that for $1000 the whole back of your car would be completely filled, wouldn't you? But quality bedding reallly adds up.

Hope you sleep blissfully tonight in your new bedding!

lhafer
03-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Wow, sounds like you had fun shopping! I hope you enjoy everything you bought. It's money well spent on something you know you will be using it everynight. And 600 count sheets sounds really lovely.

(But, please tell me you had 20% BB&B coupons- I can't help it, it's the bargain shopper in me!)

I wish!! I haven't shopped there in a long time, and haven't gotten a coupon in several months. I was tired of waiting, so we just bought it. There are somethings I waited on - like decorative pillows, that can easily be gotten later with a coupon.

You would think that for $1000 the whole back of your car would be completely filled, wouldn't you? But quality bedding reallly adds up.

Hope you sleep blissfully tonight in your new bedding!

Yeah right!! I feel the same way about groceries!! My husband is a sheet snob. I like nice sheets like everyone else - but he has to get top quality, super high thread count sheets. Those are expensive! Then throw in a king sized bed, and the price goes up.

He was baulking at the register - I made him pay for it all! But I said that these were not everyday purchases. This bedding will last us many years.

I also bought a quilt that goes under the comforter, but above the top sheet. I wondered if it would be too warm (we live in Texas). But last night it was perfect! Never too hot/too cold. The sheets were super soft, the pillows were just right. Very good night's sleep! :jammin:

We got this one: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=119852&RN=27&. Our bedding before was okay - I was just tired of it. It was a golden stripe duvet (http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=124271&RN=26&), and we had deep red sheets to go with it. In our last house, the bedroom was a cranberry red color, and the sheets matched it. I wanted something a little lighter. The colors in our current house are yellows, oranges, and browns. Our bed furniture is really dark, and I thought this helped lighten it up.

jenfromnj
03-06-2011, 12:17 PM
The bedding looks gorgeous--love it! (I remember having some crazy expensive Home Depot and Target runs right after we bought our house, it was kind of shocking at the register, but a few years later, we're still using the vast majority of the stuff all the time, so it's been well worth it.)

And it will definitely last a long time, especially because it's so timeless, so you can amortize if it makes your DH feel better!

karstmama
03-06-2011, 12:38 PM
that looks very restful!

katydid1971
03-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Love it, its beautiful!!! It looks so nice on your bed, I kinda want it for mine now. Looking at the picture online its not nearly as nice looking as on your bed. :thumbsup:

elbenn
03-06-2011, 02:04 PM
What a beautiful classic look! Gorgeous!

justlearning
03-06-2011, 02:08 PM
You can easily buy coupons on ebay (or if you're interested, you can PM because I have LOTS). In the past, I was told that you can take in your receipt after your purchase with the coupon and get the money back. And they do allow you to use multiple coupons at a time, so saving 20% on that purchase would be significant.

Your bedding does look beautiful!

lhafer
03-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Thanks! I told my DH I felt like a grown up now!! ;)

Thanks for the coupon tips. I usually have coupons. I just didn't this time, and we walked in not expecting to buy anything. We left with more than the shopping cart could carry!

I love the duvet cover because has this sheer cover on top (the area where the leaves are) that makes it feminine. I don't think the pattern is overly girly - DH actually picked it out. And the colors are nice and neutral. We went with sheets that the color of the leaves to help bring that color out.

The thing I notice about the sheets are - they look like satin (kind of shiny like satin sheets), but they aren't slick like satin sheets - just really really soft.

blue
03-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Very nice bedding! IMO not to girly. I like that you went with lighter colored bedding against the dark wood bed frame. Looks so inviting and comfy, making me :sleep: :)

Beth24
03-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Looks beautiful! Enjoy.

1964pandora
03-06-2011, 03:19 PM
So pretty!

happy2bamom
03-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Get some coupons from your friends/family and go back with your receipt. they will adjust it for you :)

jerigirl
03-06-2011, 06:09 PM
You can easily buy coupons on ebay (or if you're interested, you can PM because I have LOTS). In the past, I was told that you can take in your receipt after your purchase with the coupon and get the money back. And they do allow you to use multiple coupons at a time, so saving 20% on that purchase would be significant.

Your bedding does look beautiful!

:yeahthat: I went in yesterday to make a return and the lady in front of me was getting her price adjustment for her coupon.

Kitten007
03-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Absolutely beautiful! It looks like a movie star bed. (Now my bed looks not very inviting.)

lhafer
03-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Get some coupons from your friends/family and go back with your receipt. they will adjust it for you :)

That would be awesome...if I could find the receipt!!

This is what happens when I let my husband pay for things. I was watching the kids and I should have known better. He said they put it in a bag. I ripped apart every bag we had, and searched the car. Nothing.

Usually I do just put the receipt in the bag. But not when it's $1,000+ worth of stuff!!!! That immediately goes into my wallet.

Grrrrrr.

justlearning
03-06-2011, 08:03 PM
That would be awesome...if I could find the receipt!!

This is what happens when I let my husband pay for things. I was watching the kids and I should have known better. He said they put it in a bag. I ripped apart every bag we had, and searched the car. Nothing.

Usually I do just put the receipt in the bag. But not when it's $1,000+ worth of stuff!!!! That immediately goes into my wallet.

Grrrrrr.

You could call them and see if they can look up your receipt with your credit card. I don't know about BB&B but I do know that many stores now are able to look up a recent purchase with just your card.

KrisM
03-06-2011, 08:16 PM

Great to know!

liz
03-06-2011, 10:16 PM
You could call them and see if they can look up your receipt with your credit card. I don't know about BB&B but I do know that many stores now are able to look up a recent purchase with just your card.

Yes - I just went to BB&B last week to return something (and couldn't find the reciept), so they looked it up using my cc card. GL- that could turn into some serious $$!

Oh, and FYI they take expired coupons too.

dec756
03-06-2011, 10:29 PM
i actualy just got a king bed for xmas (dh's and i's present to ourselves) and i def. shopped at bb&b and did the price adjustment later on with coupons..saved quite a bit. <3 bbb sheets.duvets.comforters. i have slept with a down comforter since i was 5 and have never gone back. i have offically converted everyone i know

Kaylee31
03-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Beautiful bed! It looks very pretty and inviting. Definitely find a coupon and go back for a price adjustment-- thats more than $200 right there! IIRC I read there was one in the March issue of Family Fun mag.-- it's worth a few dollars to go pick it up. :)

fumofu
03-07-2011, 04:34 AM
Gorgeous! I bet you slept extra well in your new bedding. :)