PDA

View Full Version : Philosophy favorites?

billysmommy
03-06-2011, 11:28 AM
I started using some of the Philosophy skincare
about a month ago and it has made a huge
difference with my skin. I'm using the Hope in a
Jar moisturizer and alternating between the Purity
cleanser and the Microdelivery Exfoliating wash.

Since I'm getting such good results with these,
I'd love some more recommendations for skin
care.
Also your favorite scents for shampoo/body washes.
I've tried vanilla birthday cake, pink grapefruit,
Bubbles and just ordered the Sweet Cream and
Sugar Chick to try.

Uno-Mom
03-06-2011, 12:26 PM
I am clearly out of touch with today's beauty products - I opened your thread expecting a debate on the merits of Descartes vs Nietzche.

:)

It seemed like an odd topic for this particular forum.

jenfromnj
03-06-2011, 12:34 PM
I have a similar routine (I used the Microdelivery in the AM in the shower, the Purity at night with the Clarisonic, great for removing makeup). I use the Hope in a Jar at night (I'll switch back to the oil free version once spring hits, my skin tends to be oily in the hot weather), and either Oil Free Hope SPF (if it's a makeup day) or the Hope in a Tinted Moisturizer (if a no makeup day) during the day, and Hope in a Tube at night around my eyes as well (just started that recently when I saw my eye area in a 10X magnification mirror and realized with horror that I needed it!).

I have also been using the Microdelivery peel on occasion, and have liked it so far--my skin is really sensitive, so I don't use it more than once every 2/3 weeks or so.

ETA: As far as body wash, I tend to prefer the Grace scents (Baby Grace is nice, just kind of clean and a little baby-powdery smelling). I'm not a fruity/sweet bath product person, so I haven't tried a lot of the other ones, but I did get the Gingerbread Man as part of a Christmas gift and that's nice, too.

Uno-Mom, your comment literally made me LOL!

viba424
03-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Ive used philosophy for many years. Tried almost everything except the makeup. And I havent really explored their new offerings.

My best tip is don't buy the bulk sizes from QVC. For some reason, I think it spoils the specialness of it.

These have been my faves:

Amazing Grace body scrub
Amazing Grace firming body lotion
SPF moisturizer - the really basic 15 spf one
Body spritz (Amazing grace or inner grace). Worth the price.
Hope in a tube (firming eye and lip cream)
Cinnamon buns shower gel (or any scent you like). Also liking the new Green Tea scent
Curly Head anti frizz hair serum
Eternal grace fragrance

Skin care is great too, but Ive moved on just because of the nature of my skin. Their purity cleanser and hope in a jar is unique and effective, but I needed more moisture. Its really nice though.

mackmama
03-06-2011, 07:02 PM
I am clearly out of touch with today's beauty products - I opened your thread expecting a debate on the merits of Descartes vs Nietzche.

:hysterical:
I totally thought that too - so funny!

To the OP- I love the microdelivery peel!

ThreeofUs
03-06-2011, 07:03 PM

Me, too! My vote would have been the dwarf Liebniz vs "I stood on the backs of giants" Newton.

Cam&Clay
03-06-2011, 09:28 PM
I get most, if not all of my Philosophy from QVC.

I use Purity and the Exfoliating Wash and Hope in a Jar.

Make up wise I use The Present and the Supernatural Foundation (wouldn't be caught dead without this..one in every bathroom, purse, desk drawer at work).

Body wash wise I use Pure Grace and Amazing Grace. I don't like the "foody" ones.