PDA

View Full Version : I've never been this excited about groceries!

amm40
03-06-2011, 03:32 PM
I just got my first Peapod grocery delivery. Everything is so fresh and packaged well, prices were not great, but comparable to local grocery chains. The driver was cute, and he hauled everything up the flight of stairs into our condo! No more distracted shopping while wrangling a toddler for me, or going out at night and leaving my brain at home.

Best of all, I was able to edit the order before delivery, so I have all ingredients for several meals. I am horrible at actually coming home with everything I need. I can see this saving money as it helps me plan meals, and it looks like coupons should be no problem so I'll work on planning them into my next order. The drawbacks are not deal breakers for me, some limited selections but I can plan around them. If this saves me the big "stockup" trips I'll be happy, but I have a feeling it's going to be so much better. I can totally think of more fun things to be doing with DS than spending an hour at the grocery store every week... Like baking cookies (or going shoe shopping). :jammin:

If a grocery delivery service is available in your area, look into it! Especially is the shopping drives you crazy like it does me.

dotgirl
03-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Oh, I am so there with you. We have Amazon Fresh, and I am not kidding when I say it has changed my life.

We used to spend 2-3 hours grocery shopping every Saturday, and it was no fun - DH likes to wander, I like to just get what we're there for, and DS is well, an antsy 7-year old.

Since grocery delivery, though, I set up the order on Thursday to save my Saturday morning slot, can add items up until the night before, and when we wake up - groceries! Now we only do quick trips for specialty things or meat (DH won't let someone else "pick out his meat".)

jenfromnj
03-06-2011, 04:04 PM
I hear you! Fresh Direct recently started delivering to my area (they used to be NYC only, but they just expanded to the 'burbs) and we got an awesome coupon in the mail (I think $50 off a $100 order, then free delivery for 2 months) so I decided to try it. It was awesome! Everything was really fresh, the selection of most items was good, and the prices were not all that bad (and the coupon made it super inexpensive!)

wellyes
03-06-2011, 04:41 PM
The only disadvantage to grocery delivery is not being able to pick your own produce. I get too-green bananas sometimes. Is it worth it to avoid spending 1.5 hours of my precious weekend grocery shopping? HECK YEAH.

happy2bamom
03-06-2011, 05:02 PM
How do I find out if my area offers grocery delivery???

viba424
03-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Got my peapod delivery today! It rocks.

dogmom
03-06-2011, 06:22 PM
My driveway is finally not snow/ice locked. I think I might actually be able to order next week!

WatchingThemGrow
03-06-2011, 10:53 PM
oooh, fun! We have order online, but drive through pickup service which is sorta cool. Delivery is even better!