PDA

View Full Version : Ipads and multi tasking

LD92599
03-06-2011, 04:38 PM
I didnt know about this until i took my ipad to the genius bar this morning because on occasion the keyboard doesnt show up. It was due to low system memory. Why? Because of the 70 apps that were "on!"

To turn apps off....double click the home button and then click and hold one of the apps thats in the lower tool bar. A red dot will appear and you can then close each app!

I never realized apps stay open like that!

sidmand
03-06-2011, 05:03 PM
I know. It happens on the iPhone 4 too. I asked if there was any way to set the apps to automatically close because I don't even remember that they're open (and why do I want them to remain open like that) and they said "no." Very frustrating. Especially if DCs get ahold of it and open 10 games that I didn't realize were open.

BayGirl2
03-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Multi-tasking is relatively new, part of one of the most recent software upgrades. Its a benefit in that you can be downloading from one app while using another.

But....good lesson to look into the details of each SW upgrade to know what's changed. I got tripped up when they added the tool bar at the bottom and changed the screen lock to a mute button. Couldn't read in bed for a few days. Luckily that change will become an option in one of the future upgrades.