PDA

View Full Version : Did Your Picture People Suddenly Close?

Indianamom2
03-06-2011, 05:42 PM
I guess the title is pretty self-explanatory, but when I went to the mall today, I happened to notice that our Picture People has completely closed and left the mall. There was no warning or closing sale...they just left.

Thankfully, I didn't have anything I had ordered, but I do still have a Portrait club membership with some unclaimed rewards. I feel like I paid for that, and now I can't use it. Is there any recourse?

carolinamama
03-06-2011, 05:43 PM
I don't use Picture People but I did notice that it was closed when I was at the mall earlier this week. Weird.

katydid1971
03-06-2011, 06:09 PM
This happened at my mall when DS was about 1 yo (4+ years ago). I had JUST purchased a membership card with LOTS of unclaimed stuff. I called their CS and they told me I could drive 1.5 hours away and use it at a different mall :angry-smiley-005: It lost its lease at my mall and a big American Eagle store went in its place. My mall is being taken over by stores that only sell clothes to 18 yo but that really belongs in B!thching post.

Tondi G
03-06-2011, 06:42 PM
most of the local picture people locations near us went out about 3 or 4 years ago.

Melanie
03-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Hmm...ours was open on Friday.

lauren3110
04-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Yep - our in KY closed suddenly as well :-(

DebbieJ
04-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Uh oh....I bought a Living Social deal but haven't used it yet. I sure hope our store is still open.

ilfaith
04-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Last week while at the mall I noticed that ours had closed...must have been recently. We'd used hem in the past and had always been happy with the pictures.

gamma
04-04-2011, 07:17 PM
There is definitely something going on. We went for First Holy Communion photos last Saturday. The people in the actual store were very good, but as we were choosing our photos, I found out there were quite a few changes. We won't be going back. I was told the company had recently been sold and the new company had changed the policies. They no longer store your photos and they are gone from the system in 24-48 hours. Also, when we were picking the photos, the sales person edited some to black & white, fixed a blemish, and colorized one. The only way to ensure having your photos in the future was to purchase the high resolution cd. When I got home and uploaded the cd, none of the photos were edited! The cd was $150. Also, the printed photos that we purchased are grainy. Not sharp at all. It is especially noticable in the black and white prints. I am very disappointed. Even though Picture People is more expensive than Sears or Penney, I like going home with prints in hand. I'm not good at waiting. I am going to try Portrait Innovations next time.

ohsara430
04-04-2011, 09:02 PM
I had a service issue with a special order item and had been dealing with our Picture People manager and when I was in there about a month ago he said he wanted me to know that the company had been bought out and there were going to be some big changes. They are no longer going to keep the pictures for a year, you have to get them that day or they're gone. He didn't have many other details, but he didn't seem excited about any of the changes.