PDA

View Full Version : Should I call the ped in the morning?

HIU8
03-06-2011, 07:39 PM
DD woke up today and vomited 2x. It was more like a mucus vomit. Then she complained of her stomach hurting on and off all day. She has been whiny all day long (not typical for her). Finally, this evening she has a temp of 100.8. Do I give her anything like tylenol or let her ride the fever out? Does this warrant a call to the ped or should I wait another day?

kep
03-06-2011, 07:43 PM
If she seems uncomfortable, give Tylenol or Motrin. I wouldn't call the ped. She's not dehydrated, and there's not much they can do. Our ped would likely say... Keep an eye on her, rest, encourage liquids, and come back if she worsens.

SnuggleBuggles
03-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Ride out the fever- it's barely a fever and fevers can do some good.

I wouldn't call unless she is becoming dehydrated or really lethargic. Push popsicles, water, gatorade, pedialyte...whatever. I hope she feels better.

Beth

hillview
03-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Unless there are other symptoms I would not call the doc and keep DC hydrated.
/hillary

HIU8
03-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Fever went up to 101.6. She also had a popcycle and threw up 5 times 30 minutes later.

SnuggleBuggles
03-06-2011, 09:02 PM
I'd still ride it out. It sounds like a virus and there isn't much the ped can or will do. Poor baby. :(

Beth

HIU8
03-06-2011, 09:07 PM
I figured as much. I have to see how much she attempts to eat tomorrow and what happens. Luckily she is drinking some. Please tell me this virus goes quickly..........

hillview
03-06-2011, 09:08 PM
I'd still ride it out. It sounds like a virus and there isn't much the ped can or will do. Poor baby. :(

Beth

:yeahthat:

Whenever I have called about this sort of thing the nurse always tells me to keep DS hydrated. So give a tablespoon of water and increase it every 15 mins that they keep it down.

HUGS that sucks.
SORRY!
/hillary

MSWR0319
03-06-2011, 09:50 PM
We had this scenario a week ago with diarrhea also. They didn't want to see him unless he was lethargic, no tears when crying, or few wet diapers. I ended up having to take him in three days later because he was only having a wet diaper in the morning and one late at night.

Hopefully she's got the quick virus that's going around. I got it yesterday morning and am starting to feel better tonight and haven't puked for a few hours! Good luck! I know its no fun with a sick one.

sunriseiz
03-07-2011, 09:17 AM
We all had the ~ a month ago :( So sorry for all of you! I had it second, right after DS2 and it was awful. DD had it last and she was the worst of the kids, so I called the ped and got an anti-nausea med for her. They had seen a lot of this virus and had no problem calling it in. Also, I gave everyone tylenol as it made me feel tons better. My fever was never over 101, but most of the chills and muscle aches went away with the tylenol and I could relax enough to sleep which I think was the best thing I could do.

Hugs and best wishes!