PDA

View Full Version : Baby Video Monitor

ark1972
03-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Anyone ever use Summer Infant Day and Night Baby Video Monitor Set? If so, does it change your WIFI or Cordless Phones?

I am just beginning to look into video monitors and any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!

marymoo86
03-08-2011, 03:30 PM
I got the Lorex video monitor and it doesn't interfere with the cordless phones but if you are near the computer it will slow down your wifi. Haven't check whether or not if you change the wifi channel if it resolves.

logan's mom
03-18-2011, 08:59 AM
I have the Summer monitor and have been using it for 18 months. We have used it in two different houses....one with baby upstairs and master downstairs and one with all bedrooms upstairs. It has worked great in both situations. No interference with phones or wireless internet for us.

Also, I was very concerned when I read that people could see other people's babies on their monitors. In one place where we lived I could see our neighbors daughter so I made sure to use that channel, so they won't be able to see our son. The reviews made it sound like the Summer monitor isn't secure but really none of them are. When we have traveled to friends houses I have been able to "pick up" their cameras with my monitors even if it was a different brand....the Lorex and a Sony brand video cameras specifically.

I have bought the Summer Monitor as gifts for 2 friends and they have both had no problems.

mackmama
03-19-2011, 06:10 PM
We have it it, and it has caused no interference. We have DECT phones. We love it.

Saraelizabeth
06-28-2011, 04:24 PM
I was looking for another video monitor recommendation and noticed your question. I actually posted a new post about that monitor today looking for other recommendations because we were so disappointed with it. We had the Summer Infant Day and Night for just over a year and it just quit working with no damage to it - just didn't work one day. Because it was over the year warranty time frame, Summer Infant customer service said "too bad" but nothing they would do about it. They offered only to fix it for $80 plus extra shipping both ways. We could also pick up 5+ other kids in their rooms with full sound and video from our son's room. Yikes! Hope you find another option - at over $200 it was too expensive an investment for us to get one again.