PDA

View Full Version : Letting the clothes go!

mickminmom
03-07-2011, 02:26 PM
I am posting to keep up my resolve!!!

DH and I went back and forth, back and forth and back and forth over this...

No more consignment sales, no more trying to make some money back...

I am just going to pass the clothes on to others who need them. There is a great organization that I can give them where I know the clothes will be needed and used.

I have lots of bins and bags that were in waiting for the next consignment season and it will ultimately feel great when everything is gone and I don't see tons of extra clothes in the closets and basement. I don't make enough time to tag, etc and then I miss the right season sale and the stuff piles up and piles up...

Ok, back to bagging and getting things ready to donate. I am remembering how cute DD was in that or DS was in that...I am working on remembering that it will be ok...it will be ok...it will be ok

Melaine
03-07-2011, 02:29 PM
It will be ok! And fun to imagine that others will be using and enjoying those same clothes. You have lots of photos of DC in their favorite outfits, no doubt, and those will always be fun to look back on. You will get some space and your clothes won't wind up unused and outdated by the time you pull them out again. We have barely saved anything and I'm happy with it (most of the time!)

Stay strong!

tmahanes
03-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Get a receipt from the organization for your taxes and you can write it off and make your money back that way! I do that a lot instead of trying to sell things.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

jvs195
03-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Good for you! It's a LOT of work to resell the clothing. My mom saved a few things of mine and gave them to me when my first was born and with the exception of one dress (that I wore in a picture) I had no memory or attachment to them and they were not in style enough to have my DC wear. I do have one beautiful white cotton dress of my grandmother's that I was able to have DD wear in a photo once and that's special. Save one or two really memorable things, but get rid of the majority. I have a box for each DC to save special items but am being very selective.

mickminmom
03-07-2011, 11:10 PM
1 big black garbage bag and 2 kitchen sized garbage bags ready to go! That was the stuff that was in the closets and dressers upstairs. More in the basement that I will try to tackle this weekend!

tmahanes, I am going to get the tax form as that was the back and forth discussion with DH...deduction or try to make the money from consignment sales. I really liked the money in my hand but I was not making the time to do the prep for the sales and DH did not the time involved for consigning.

I appreciated the responses as it kept me going...it will be ok, it will be ok, let things go, let things go...

blue
03-08-2011, 01:18 PM
1 big black garbage bag and 2 kitchen sized garbage bags ready to go!

Your doing great! And it WILL be ok. Keep up the good work mama, you can do it :thumbsup:

DebbieJ
03-08-2011, 01:28 PM
I bring mine to Once Upon a Child and take whatever they'll give me. Whatever items they don't want, I just donate or pass along.

I'm with you--get it out of the house!