PDA

View Full Version : s/o Costco vs Amazon

SnuggleBuggles
03-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Anyone want to help me figure out where to purchase my new printer from? Amazon has it for $20 cheaper. But, Costco has better customer service and if the printer stinks (which I almost always wind up with duds!), I have somewhere I can physically return it. I don't remember the specifics of the electronics' return policy though and don't know if I really gain much buying from there. if the price difference was only $10-15 I'd buy at Costco. But for $20 I just can't decide. Where would you purchase from and why?

Beth

nupe
03-07-2011, 06:50 PM
If the costco item is electronics and has the limited return it will say so on your receipt. For example I bought a dvd player there dec 09 and it had unlimited return.

I've spent extra for my router and dect phone system for the same reasons you mention, and purchased at Costco. Especially due to all the mixed feedback at places like amazon of things just stopping to work. (That also helped me narrow down my options, which is kind of blessing in itself.) Of course both have done just fine.

So I would buy at costco.

turtledove
03-07-2011, 07:32 PM
From the Costco website:
Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones.

Looks like your printer would not fall into the 90 day return policy. I would buy from Costco (but should also mention the fact that we are Executive Members and have the Costco Amex so cash back figures into my equation as well).

sariana
03-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Costco also provides customer support for some electronics items. I don't know if that applies to printers, but it's something else to consider.

SnuggleBuggles
03-07-2011, 08:58 PM
So, no one minds paying the extra $20 for this? I have been leaning towards Costco but I'm having a hard time parting with $.

Beth