PDA

View Full Version : Got the multipurpose bins!!!

WatchingThemGrow
03-07-2011, 10:48 PM
And my heart was racing as I organized my cans in the pantry cabinet. 16 per bin, more when packing tomato paste....it was thrilling!!! Then, I went to stack them 2 deep, and waaah..they don't fit! The are too deep for our cabinets too. :(

After reorganizing the mass of cans, I was able to gather all the individual snacks into a Small, then all the bulk snacks into a med. Hoping to use the other dozen over the next few days. I gathered all the tips from the previous thread into one clump.

justlearning
03-08-2011, 01:30 AM
Did you buy any large size? That's the one that I use in my pantry and I am able to stack the cans two deep in those. But that's a bummer that they're too deep for your shelves--they fit perfectly on mine.

WatchingThemGrow
03-08-2011, 06:47 AM
I used L bins for beans, tomatoes, and M for smaller soup cans. I was praising your brilliance all the while! I guess my regular cabinets are not as deep as normal ones??? They'll fit in my next house (whenever that may come) so all hope is not lost. DH is begging me to label the (s)individual and (m)bulk snack bins. He's excited about those. Thinking I may try one in the fridge if I can find the space. It would be nice to have a spot for multiple fruit/veggie/dairy snacks to be preportioned and set aside for easy access.

I have the list of uses and will keep working on it! DS1 drove me crazy trying to wear one as a hat and it broke already. So...they don't work well as hats. Super exciting to have them!!!

KrisM
03-08-2011, 07:53 AM
My pantry is a mess! Pictures?

WatchingThemGrow
03-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Well...it doesn't actually LOOK organized because my "pantry" is a narrow cabinet with shelves and pull outs. You'd just look at it and see everything crammed in there, lol. Remember...we're smooshed into our house and nothing looks "pretty."

momm
03-08-2011, 08:47 AM
wow this sounds delicious! What store did you get the bins from? Do you have a link?

KrisM
03-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Well...it doesn't actually LOOK organized because my "pantry" is a narrow cabinet with shelves and pull outs. You'd just look at it and see everything crammed in there, lol. Remember...we're smooshed into our house and nothing looks "pretty."

My pantry is deeper than a cabinet, but deep, tall shelves with no pullouts. I lose things in it all the time! In fact, I now keep paper towel rolls along the back so things can't go so far back and get lost :). I have a shelf in the garage for a lot of extras.

happy2bamom
03-08-2011, 10:28 AM
I got mine too and LOVE them! The only Container Store here is 3 hours away so I picked them up during our last visit to the inlaws. I'll picking up more on our next visit :)

I used one for the kids medicine too. It's nice to be able to see through the bin and not have to dig through a pile of stuff to find what I"m looking for

weech
03-08-2011, 10:31 AM

:yeahthat: and links to these bins. Must've missed the other thread.

justlearning
03-08-2011, 12:07 PM
:yeahthat: and links to these bins. Must've missed the other thread.

Here's the link to the thread where we discussed it before: http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=390009

I also posted a pic there of a large bin and how I use it to store cans for my pantry.

weech
03-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Here's the link to the thread where we discussed it before: http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=390009

I also posted a pic there of a large bin and how I use it to store cans for my pantry.

Thank you!! I just ordered some of the large bins :jammin:

brittone2
03-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Waiting on some presently. I picked some up around the holidays for our HSing stuff and am waiting for some additional ones to arrive, along with a undercabinet pullout trash/recycling setup and some more shoe boxes/accessory containers. I had a 20% off coupon and had to use it. So envious you can do in store pickup now...I don't have a CS nearby. Closest is probably an hour or more.

94bruin
03-16-2011, 11:52 PM
FYI - I found a 15% off Container Store coupon in Real Simple Magazine. I'll probably be using mine, but thought I post it here just in case it helps someone. It expires sometime in April.

jgenie
03-17-2011, 12:31 AM
FYI - I found a 15% off Container Store coupon in Real Simple Magazine. I'll probably be using mine, but thought I post it here just in case it helps someone. It expires sometime in April.

Thank you!! Off to look for my copy.

tiapam
03-17-2011, 12:44 AM
If the bins don't work for you, try the multi boxes. Not sure if they are the same maker, but I find them very useful in my tall pantry cabinet and in deep drawers:

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10018851&N=&Ntt=multi

I like that the lid is sold separately, as I have never wanted one for my purposes.

I use the large one like a drawer in my tall pantry cabinet. I have a built in dresser with deep drawers and I use four mediums to keep small things separate and organized.

I also use the large size for deep built in shelves in our TV room. I put puzzles and board books in them.

They sometimes go on sale too. They stack two ways, on top of each other, and nesting when empty.