PDA

View Full Version : Sprint or Verison

lhafer
03-07-2011, 11:34 PM
If you have either of these - which one, why, and how much is your plan (if you care to divulge) and what does it include? Also, what phone do you have and do you like it?

I currently have Sprint, and have a Palm Pre. I miss my Iphone and am considering Verizon since Apple has opened up their market to them. But I have a good discount with Sprint. I will not go back to ATT.

boilermakermom
03-07-2011, 11:42 PM
We have had AT&T for 10+ years. Love them! I have an iPhone a d was grandfathered into the data plan (AT&T changed their data package in 8/10).

Package includes data and standard service. Only 200 texts/month

JBaxter
03-07-2011, 11:50 PM
Ive been with sprint since 1999. No problems no issues and I LOVE the Sprint mobile to ANY mobile doesnt count against your minutes. Ive never ran over minutes.

I have the EVO

ha98ed14
03-08-2011, 12:11 AM
I have sprint. I've had them for over 10 years and I have mixed feelings, but not enough to change. I have an old plan, so it'd cheap, but I also do not have a smart fone. If I wanted a data plan, I might switch if I found a deal elsewhere, but right now I don't need a smart fone

BabyMine
03-08-2011, 12:12 AM
I love T-Mobile and never had any problems. I started with Primeco that turned into Verizon(I think). I then went to Alltel and then back to Verizon. My last and final switch was to T-mobile.

ohsara430
03-08-2011, 12:39 AM
Verizon, been with them for 10+ yrs. At the time chose verizon because they had the vet coverage in our area. I've never switched because I've never had a problem with them and never found a better plan for my needs or for lower price. Not sure how much we pay total b/c it's for both smart phones I want to say around $100/month.

Penny's Pappa
03-08-2011, 12:58 AM
We've had Verizon for almost 10 years. Best service here by far and I can't see myself switching anytime soon.

We pay ~$70 a month for voice to two phones, $10 for a limited texting package, and $30 for the data for my iPhone (which is pretty nice, btw).

VZW tends to be one of the priciest options, but the quality of the service is well worth it. Calls are very clear, signals are widespread and strong, and I rarely have connection issues. When I do it is invariably when I am talking to someone on AT&T's network.

-----------
Sent from the aether using Tapatalk.

WatchingThemGrow
03-08-2011, 06:57 AM
I have Sprint and have since the beginning of cell phones...so 1995ish?? The employer discount (although I haven't worked in 5 years) and things like free mobile to mobile have kept me happy enough. Can't remember the exact plan right now, but I know our bill is right at $110 with an HTC Hero and an Evo (both smartphones) with 1500 noncell daytime minutes, all data, unlimited texts, plus insurance on mine. DH needs to add it to his. Coverage has normally been just fine.

MoJo
03-08-2011, 07:11 AM
Verizon. It's the network!

Our friends can't use their non-Verizon phones at my house or DH's school because there isn't enough signal strength.

We've been loyal for almost 8 years.

lhafer
03-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Thanks everyone!

I have an employer's discount through Sprint right now. Me, Dh and both of his parents are on our current plan. We have certain number of minutes (1500?), unlimited texts, and data plans for all 4 phones. It's fine, and we have never had issues.

I have a palm pre, and DH has the Evo. Not sure what the ILs have.

I am ready for a new phone, and really prefer Verizon's options. I really only like the Evo for Sprint. DH wants a new Windows 7 phone when they come out (Sprint is slow on the uptake on this one).

Just curious what everyone has and if they are happy.

erosenst
03-08-2011, 09:43 AM
I have the old "Simply Everything" plan for Sprint - $109 a month for unlimited everything. I'm grandfathered, and it's a great deal. (Plan no longer exists.)

I had a Palm Pre. Never loved it, and then the phone stopped ringing at least 75% of the time. (Not such a good attribute for a phone...) Upgraded to a Samsung Epic in August and love it. As a really early Blackberry user (like 2001) it's key to me to have a physical keyboard, which this does. It's a slider, so I still have the full screen. Have been very happy with the Android platform.

Suggest you go to Best Buy and spend a little time there looking at phones. MUCH MUCH less irritating than a Sprint store - I will never set foot in one of those again.l

lhafer
03-08-2011, 12:40 PM
I have the old "Simply Everything" plan for Sprint - $109 a month for unlimited everything. I'm grandfathered, and it's a great deal. (Plan no longer exists.)

I had a Palm Pre. Never loved it, and then the phone stopped ringing at least 75% of the time. (Not such a good attribute for a phone...) Upgraded to a Samsung Epic in August and love it. As a really early Blackberry user (like 2001) it's key to me to have a physical keyboard, which this does. It's a slider, so I still have the full screen. Have been very happy with the Android platform.

Suggest you go to Best Buy and spend a little time there looking at phones. MUCH MUCH less irritating than a Sprint store - I will never set foot in one of those again.l

Thanks. I don't want another slider phone. My phone also doesn't ring sometimes (like it just didn't a few minutes ago - all I got was a voicemail, letting me know I "missed" a call - all the while I was holding my phone!!). The slider part sticks. It's not a smooth operation for it to come out. I got rid of my iphone because I *thought* I wanted an actual keyboard. So I got the pre. I am ready to not have a slider, and have a big screen like the EVO or the iphone again.

I have been to best buy and purused the phones. I will probably go to a sprint store and look there too. I am very good about keeping sales people away from me if I don't want them around.

AnnieW625
03-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Happy Verizon customer for the last 9 yrs. . DH did have Sprint for a year prior when he lived in the Bay Area and the coverage wasn't horrible, but Verizon was better.

I pay $60 to $65 a month including taxes for unlimited night and weekends, 750 anytime minutes, and unlimited mobile to mobile. We do not text so I pay per tex and get less than 10 a month.

I have been toying with getting either a Droid or a Verizon Iphone but haven't pulled the trigger yet. My flip phone is still plugging along.

JBaxter
03-08-2011, 01:19 PM
I had to check what my bill was

I really like my EVO my only complaint would be battery life
I rarely use more than 100 minutes because of the free to any mobile number feature on the sprint plan.

Verizon does not have a local tower near me so several years ago when I was checking out other plans it scratched that one. DH has AT&T through work.

Plan details

Everything Data 450 $69.99
450 Anytime Minutes Included
Nationwide Long Distance Included
America - Roaming Included
Unlimited Any Mobile, Anytime
Unlimited SMS Text Messaging
Unlimited Picture Mail
Unlimited Data Usage
GPS Navigation
Sprint Data Essentials Pack
Nights: M-TH 7pm-7am Wknd: F 7pm-M 7am
Caller ID
Call Waiting
Three-Way Calling
Voicemail

dec756
03-08-2011, 01:21 PM
$120 ish for 3 lines plus text on one

HIU8
03-08-2011, 01:27 PM
I've had sprint since the first bag phone came out. I have no plans to switch. Data plans I've looked at on other providers are much much more $$. unlimited data and phone plan for Sprint is $69.99. Right now I have free mobile to mobile minutes, nights and weekends starting at 7 pm free, and 650 minutes for $39.99. I do not have texting or any type of a data plan. Their cs has been good also. However, I'm not the type to have the latest in technology with respect to phones (never really needed it and can't afford it) so Sprint has always worked as a nice economical choice for me.