PDA

View Full Version : Should I get a Double? If so... what kind???

lmr1101
03-08-2011, 12:12 AM
Hi,
I'm only 13 weeks pregnant so it's probably a little early to start thinking about a double stroller, but I'm a planner so I want to start doing my research.

Here's the background. My DD just turned 2 this weekend so she'll be 2.5 when my new LO is born. I used my Vista exclusively the 1st year of my dd's life and LOVED everything about it. Now, she really isn't much of a stroller girl. We take her to the zoo and she's out of the stroller within 10 minutes. She would rather walk behind the stoller and push the basket then ride in it.

The Vista fit all of my stroller needs perfectly, the only problem is it's a 2008 model so here are my options...
1) pay to have the frame retro fitted for a rumble seat - and then buy a rumble seat (although I Love features of the newer models and am trying to justify buying a new one)
2) try to sell this one and get a 2011 model Vista and buy the rumble seat
3) skip the rumble seat and just get the board for my 2.5 dd to stand behind the stroller.
4) get a totally different double stroller.
5) do I even need a double for a dd who is rarely in her stroller?

I'm open to any and all suggestions so please fire away!

roseyloxs
03-08-2011, 01:19 AM
You love the vista so I think I would try and sell the '08 and pick up a new 2011. You know your dd best so you probably have to make the call on whether a rumble seat or piggyback board are more appropriate. It sounds like she might like a board though but 2.5 is younger then the average rider.

lmr1101
03-08-2011, 11:32 AM
That's what I was afraid of... I'm sure she'd like the piggyback board, but I'm just not sure if she is too young for it.

I just assume since I'll have 2 kids that I'll need a double... I'm wondering if others have skipped the double when they have 2 kids?