PDA

View Full Version : Prime 2-day shipping not allowed w/ S&S items-Am I the only one who didn't know this?

jenfromnj
03-08-2011, 02:28 PM
I just called Amazon because my S&S order that shipped on March 2 isn't here yet, and now isn't scheduled to arrive til Friday, it kept getting pushed back (guess I'll have to go out and buy diapers from the-gasp-regular store!) I've always received my S&S diapers/wipes/etc in 2 days (3 at most), and since my settings are automatically set for 2-day shipping, I never thought anything of it.

But after speaking to 2 different reps at Amazon, they told me that you can't use 2-day shipping on S&S items, even if you request an extra order or for a shipment to arrive sooner. If you want to use Prime shipping, you have to forfeit your S&S discount. Somehow this escaped my notice until now, but just wanted to mention it in case anyone else hadn't noticed it, either.

wellyes
03-08-2011, 02:34 PM
The first shipment is 2 day, whether or not you have Prime. Subsequent shipments are regular ground shipping. Seems fair to me since you do theoretically have plenty of advanced notice on when items are due to be sent.

But yeah, I am spoiled by Prime too, any shipping that isn't 2-day feels painfully slow now.

AnnieW625
03-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Ship & Save way back in 2007 and 2008 used to be 2 day shipping standard for every order IIRC, either that or it was just much quicker. I have noticed though that since Amazon introdcued prime that shipping did get slower. I am debating about getting DD2's Huggies from Ship & Save because you get about 40 more diapers for $4 vs. what I have been paying at Costco, but now I am just going to have to make sure I order them a week in advance just in case.

Indianamom2
03-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Huh....I guess I've only gotten two shipments, but they were from two different email accounts, so technically the first shipments on each.

I'll have to see what happens this month. Still, as long as it's free shipping, I'll take it because the price is so much better than anywhere else.