PDA

View Full Version : Which double for us?

eml569
03-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Here's our situation: DH and I work weird shifts, so pretty much anytime we go places as a family (zoo, botanical gardens, transportation museum, park, etc) we let DS1 (almost 2 yrs old) walk. He's a good hand holder and does pretty well. DS2 (6 months) is a chunk but still comfy in the Ergo or Piccolo for now. I know we're getting to a point that we will have to have a double. Main uses would be a ride for #2, a place for #1 to sit and rest, occasional walks with both of them (if it's just me), and occasional mall trips where I need to keep them both contained.

I keep looking at the BJC Micro Double. It's cheap enough and looks like it would work out. I've heard not great things about it from other message boards but it seems like those people were using it as a full time double stroller, whereas I don't need it to function as a double all the time. I've thought about getting a Sit n Stand, but that ruins that whole "keep 'em contained" part of it. DS1 is tall and skinny (95% for height, 30% for weight) so I need something that he'll be comfy in too.

Any thoughts on a good double for me? Or personal reviews on the Micro? Thanks!

Smillow
03-08-2011, 11:05 PM
I have the Micro single & really like it. I think there are some really good reviews (and fans) of the Micro double on car-seat.org - you can search for "micro." I would also consider the Mini given that you have a 6 month old.

roseyloxs
03-09-2011, 12:46 AM
If you don't need a deep recline or large canopies then the micro would probably work out just fine for occasional use. Wow the lime one is down to $180 at albee baby. That's awesome. That's cheaper then a BJCM single.