PDA

View Full Version : Varicose vein treatments

ohsara430
03-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Anyone ever had them done? I'd love to hear your experience. What kind of treatment did you have? Do you like the results?

I've had varicose veins since high school and I really want to get them taken care of. My leg looks awful and I avoid wearing shorts and skirts because it looks so bad.

ohiomom1121
03-09-2011, 11:32 AM
I had EVLA done on both legs and then some of the veins from my calf were removed (3 proceedures total). I was happy at first but one behind my knee area seems to be popping up again which I'm not happy about. I was hoping with the amount of money I spent it would be more permanent.

carolinamama
03-11-2011, 09:43 PM
I am curious about this as I think I will need some treatments after this pregnancy. Anyone else have any experience with it? As for any type of treatment for especially the smaller spider veins, I think you have to repeat the treatment somewhat regularly since they come back. Too bad insurance doesn't typically cover these things anymore. :(

catpagmo
03-14-2011, 07:06 PM
I'm looking into the VNUS closure proceedure for varicose veins. I think it's relatively new.

kmm
03-21-2011, 10:46 PM
I just went in today for my second treatment. I had really good results from the first round of injections and it will take three treatments to get rid of the major deep veins and then all the spider veins. The first time was relatively easy but this time was much more painful. It will be worth it to feel comfortable wearing shorts and swimsuits!

catpagmo
03-23-2011, 05:05 PM
I just went in today for my second treatment. I had really good results from the first round of injections and it will take three treatments to get rid of the major deep veins and then all the spider veins. The first time was relatively easy but this time was much more painful. It will be worth it to feel comfortable wearing shorts and swimsuits!

What kind of treatment are you getting?

kmm
03-25-2011, 09:49 PM
I am having sclerotherapy. Sodium chloride is injected into the veins to collapse them.