PDA

View Full Version : #$%*& Shipping

ha98ed14
03-08-2011, 11:22 PM
I want a $2 item that is on Amazon, but not from Amazon. Shipping is $5. Ok, fine. That's fair. I order two thinking I'll get more for my shipping dollars. Nope! If I buy 2, shipping is $10. WTF??? This thing is the size of a deck of cards and NOT heavy. Ephoff if you think I'm gonna pay that!

niccig
03-09-2011, 05:30 AM
I've got prime..email me details and I can stick it in an envelope USPS to you - it won't cost much as not going far...next time we have coffee, you can buy me a latte. OH...it's not eligible for prime maybe???

nupe
03-09-2011, 07:11 AM
Yup, had the same problem with batteries for my old uniden phone. I bought four and paid 4 shipping fees, shipping for one cost more than one battery. Figured they'd arrive in four containers, but no, all in one envelope! Total ripoff from third part seller. But still cheaper than anywhere else I could find.

I also bought 2 kids conserve lunch kits from one of those deal of the day sites. I thought I'd save on shipping (since it was so high) by buying two sets. I was in a hurry and didn't realize I got charged double shipping for buying two until I got my email receipt. I thought shipping would be $2 more or something based on the total.

I know what you mean, annoying for shipping to be so crazy.

TwinFoxes
03-09-2011, 08:17 AM
I think a lot of companies offer cheap teaser prices, then make up the money on the handling part of "S&H". That's a ridiculous markup.

KrisM
03-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Shipping costs will vary depending on the type of seller. If you click on See More Sellers on the right, you'll see 2 lists. Featured Merchants can set their own shipping and some pick a per order & per item model. Others pick a weight model. Marketplace Merchants have shipping set by Amazon, based on weight. Sometimes the weight listed on Amazon is waaaay off and makes the shipping charges come up a lot higher. Check the weight listed and see if it seems right. If it's grossly wrong, email the seller and point it out and ask if they can fix the weight.

Neither can reduce shipping for a one time order, but both can refund to a customer. You might try asking if you can get a partial refund after you place the order, especially if it's a Marketplace account.

BabyMine
03-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Yup, had the same problem with batteries for my old uniden phone. I bought four and paid 4 shipping fees, shipping for one cost more than one battery. Figured they'd arrive in four containers, but no, all in one envelope! Total ripoff from third part seller. But still cheaper than anywhere else I could find.

I also bought 2 kids conserve lunch kits from one of those deal of the day sites. I thought I'd save on shipping (since it was so high) by buying two sets. I was in a hurry and didn't realize I got charged double shipping for buying two until I got my email receipt. I thought shipping would be $2 more or something based on the total.

I know what you mean, annoying for shipping to be so crazy.

Same here. But like you said I couldn't find them any cheaper.