PDA

View Full Version : I'm SO glad my both my girls like to read

doberbrat
03-09-2011, 01:19 AM
(be read to) but SERIOUSLY? I read 19 books today. 12 library books and 7 that we own. - some more than 3 times.

and the kicker is that dd2 who is 15 mo likes to start her reading sessions around 2 am at least a few times a week. .
and she's SO polite - it makes it hard to say no. I mean, who can say no to a 15mo that says "read this book please? "

and, did I mention that I HATE to read out loud? I LOVE to read but not out loud. Still feels wrong to me. and its so slow.

Sigh, Thank G-D for the library. I checked out 31 books yesterday. 4 are for me. and I've read nearly half already.

kedss
03-09-2011, 10:38 AM
oy-
I know the feeling, but for me, its not that I dislike reading aloud, its that dd loves hearing the same book over and over and OVER on the same night, my brain has turned to mush! LOL

BabbyO
03-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Heheheh...I hear your pain. You are going to be the mom (like my mom) who has to yell at her kids for reading. For me it was because I'd read instead of cleaing my room or doing my homework.

I always swore I was the only kid in school who got yelled at for reading! :)

GL

kedss
03-09-2011, 01:36 PM
I was like you, esp when I was 'supposed' to be cleaning, I'd shut my door and read til they found me. :)

DietCokeLover
03-09-2011, 01:40 PM
For the longest time, my DC loved "Mr. Brown Can Moo" by Dr. Seuss. I can recite it word for word without even opening the book. I have a feeling, I'll still be able to do it when I'm 90, it is that ingrained in my brain.

LMPC
03-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Oooh yeah, I have one of these at my house. I open her curtains in the morning, and she's sitting up in bed "Mama, are you ready to read?!" Um no, I haven't even brushed my teeth yet! And it's 6:30a! The worst is when she starts to like a book just about the time it's starting to grate on my nerves. I'm sure I will like this when she gets older, but right now I wish she was more into trucks and her ride-ons.

StantonHyde
03-09-2011, 03:45 PM
DH is on book 6 of Harry Potter with DS--that's right, the entire series OUT LOUD! Fortunately, I plotted early so that I never read the book the same way twice--e.g. I skip lines or add lines so my kids don't know the "right" way to read it. So I get to shorten it when I am tired. But with the Boyton books--I will be in a nursing home saying "pajammy to the left, pajammy to the right...".

BabyMine
03-09-2011, 03:49 PM
I thought I was the only one. TT sits me down then gets 4 books and sits on my lap. When I am done with those he goes and gets more. Now I tell him to read to me. It's so cute when he makes up the story. The book I know by heart is Brown Bear Brown Bear....