PDA

View Full Version : Go Hybrid vs. Sunshine Radian

sweetsoul99
03-09-2011, 11:27 AM
hey,
I'm debating between these two and wanted your opinions. Right now to me the biggest difference is that the Go Hybrid is lighter...but what I'd like to know is....

is there a big difference in width?

East of use?

Comfort?

Does anyone know of a store that carries both so that I can try it in our car?

Does the go Hybrid have latch?

Can the Radian be converted to a backless booster?

Which would be more comfortable for sleeping?

Joolsplus2
03-09-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm debating between these two and wanted your opinions. Right now to me the biggest difference is that the Go Hybrid is lighter...but what I'd like to know is....

is there a big difference in width? No, not really, Go has less bulk up at the sides, though.

East of use? Go is way easier to install with LATCH.

Comfort? dd2 prefers her Go, the harness doesn't rub on her neck.

Does anyone know of a store that carries both so that I can try it in our car? No :(. Any baby stores near you you could call?

Does the go Hybrid have latch? Can be used with LATCH up to 60 pounds, MUST have a top tether.

Can the Radian be converted to a backless booster? No, it's a narrow convertible.

Which would be more comfortable for sleeping? Radian, but dd never seems too bugged in the Go when she zonks out

Joolsplus2
03-09-2011, 12:08 PM
I probably need better pictures... Leah in the Go (https://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#5388005386465900242) and the Radian (https://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#5431482245786765554)

arivecchi
03-09-2011, 12:11 PM
I love that pic of her in the Radian!

sweetsoul99
03-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Hehe, that's the exact radian i was looking at...my little girl love her pink! I have to admit I like the looks of the Radian, but the Go might be more what we're looking for....thanks so much for the pictures!

kwc
03-11-2011, 03:07 AM
I have them both and love them both. They are quite different seats.

GO is amazing for travel and frequent installs/ moving but the buckles may not be as easy to use/ you have extra straps hanging around. You MUST have a top tether and if you don't have LATCH (i.e., older car or center seat of most cars) it is not convenient to use. My kids like it but I don't think I would use it as a primary seat (the headrest moves around, etc.).

Radian is a great seat, easy to buckle and "lower profile" so it looks more like a booster and less like a "baby seat" to some kids. It won't block your vision and it's easy for kids to climb into as it has low "sidewalls." It is heavy so I would never take it on a trip, and it can be hard to install in some cars... I was never able to get it installed FF with seat belt in my Subaru because of the long buckle stalks. While the base is narrow, the backs flare outwards so it takes up more room on the seat back but can puzzle well with a Britax seat. I can PM you a photo if you need.

If you are in the SF Bay Area, the recently departed Lullaby Lane carried them both, and I think Citikids in SF used to as well (and may still).

sweetsoul99
03-17-2011, 02:51 PM
What!! Lullaby lane is no more?

Joolsplus2
03-17-2011, 03:01 PM
What!! Lullaby lane is no more?

Isn't that the saddest? I guess it happened last month or so :(