PDA

View Full Version : Combi Twin

sweetsoul99
03-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Hey,
does anyone have anything good or bad to say about the combi twin?

How does it handle walks outside. We're not talking rough terrain, just regular sidewalks.

Also, I read a review that you can make it work with a graco snugride...has anyone here tried that?

When can you use it without the car seats...how far do the seats recline?

newg
03-09-2011, 02:40 PM
I can't speak of the double, but I do have a single. I"m not sure what other car seats it takes besides the combi seat. DD2 is seven months old and sits in it just fine. I did use it when she was a baby, so I'm guessing it has an almost flat recline.
Eventhough it has a handle bar (which is why I bought it), I'm not super happy about the wheels.Even with the one handed steering the wheels sometimes catch and you still need two hands. One actually just broke, so I"m keeping my fingers crossed that I can't get a wheel replacement and have to buy a new stroller.
It's a good stroller average stroller, but there are probably some better double umbrellas out there.

hellokitty
03-09-2011, 02:54 PM
I have a combi twin SBS and the only reason I don't hate it is, b/c I found one used for only $35, so it was REALLY cheap. It is ok, I only use it as a travel stroller and am at the point where I need to sell it. I think it would work well for two smaller children who are close to the same wt. However, heavier kids or having one kid much heavier than the other doesn't work out well, neither does having one kid who decides to walk and then pushing one kid (you cannot push it one handed) work. I love the canopy and the very best thing is the fold. It is simply awesome, which is why I've loved combis in the past for travel strollers. However, I'm spoiled now by strollers that push much more nicely and I've been told that the quality of combi has really gone downhill in the past few yrs, so I don't think I would recommend them to anyone anymore.