PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with Earth Fare stores?

Momit
03-09-2011, 11:49 AM
We're moving to an area that's not particularly close to Whole Foods or Trader Joe's, but there is an Earth Fare.

Any tips on what's particularly good there or things to look for?

scrooks
03-09-2011, 12:20 PM
I think they are opening one very near us in the next couple of months. I am super excited because trader joes and whole food are about thirty miles away. I've heard good thing but don't have any first hand knowledge yet!

BabbyO
03-09-2011, 01:01 PM
I've been to Earth Fare, but only once when visiting my sister. At the time I was just adjusting to a restricted diet because I was still nursing DS and we'd just found out about his food allergies.

For me it was like a little slice of heaven! They had all these allergy friendly brands and items that I couldn't find anywhere near where I live. I really liked the store.

Unfortunately I can't answer specifics about the stores, though.

GvilleGirl
03-09-2011, 01:20 PM
We have one and it is pretty similar to WF. I don't go there often, but they do have some good deals every so often on there website. (ie. Free lb of shrimp or free chicken, mashed potatoes and carrots when you spend $10) Ours has a kids eat free night on Thursdays.

LMPC
03-09-2011, 01:50 PM
There is one really close to me. Given the choice between WF and EF, I would shop WF. But if I only had EF or a Kroger, I would shop at EF in a second. IME they tend to be a little smaller and not have the selection that a WF has. But they carry local glass bottle milk, bulk items, and organics that cost way more at a regular grocery store (believe it or not!). There staff tend to be very friendly and helpful...and receptive to feedback. And I agree with PP that they have some nice deals every now and then.