PDA

View Full Version : Baby Jogger City Micro

newg
03-09-2011, 03:08 PM
anyone have it?? Do you like it?? Is it a comparable umbrella to the G-lux and Maclaren umbrellas??

My combi has a busted wheel and i'm keeping my fingers crossed I can't replace it, because I"d love to upgrade :D........

roseyloxs
03-09-2011, 03:17 PM
I don't have it. Its wider, longer and heavier then an umbrella stroller. The fold is also a flat square as opposed to a long rectangle. I prefer the BJ fold. I think its an easier shape to pack around. The basket and canopy are similar to an umbrella and the recline is very slight. Also the micro has a one bar handle which will make for better one handed steering.

If you don't need it for tight spaces I would get the micro over an umbrella any day.

Smillow
03-09-2011, 03:27 PM
I have it & have posted about it quite a few times in the past month. It has only a slight recline and I see you have a 7 month old. I got mine when DS was 20 months - it's really a toddler stroller IMO. I have a Maclaren Global with a full recline that I used when DS was smaller, but I really love the flat (super easy) fold of the Micro. I specifically got it for an airplane trip (solo) and to use as a travel stroller - it was great for that.

soontobe
03-09-2011, 08:52 PM
would you say it is a good car/mall stroller? meaning is it good to get around tight spots? I see its on sale for $200....

roseyloxs
03-09-2011, 09:00 PM
would you say it is a good car/mall stroller? meaning is it good to get around tight spots? I see its on sale for $200....

Are you looking at the mini? An umbrella would be much better for tight spaces. The mini and the micro are about 24" wide compared to an umbrella which is closer to 19".

newg
03-09-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm looking at the micro to compare to other umbrella strollers......it's on sale on www.albeebaby.com for $99 or less.
I have a 3yr. old and a 7 month old that would be using it.

Smillow
03-09-2011, 10:36 PM
I think the maneuverability of the Micro makes up for the extra width (compared to an umbrella). I am able to easily open doors & steer the Micro through them with one hand - plus you can hang a ton of stuff off the handle - very hard to tip it. I think it is a great toddler stroller.