PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else waiting for the new double Mountain Buggies?

star04
03-09-2011, 10:58 PM
I've been researching for a new double stroller (due with DD2 in July) and I think I want one of the new MBs (Duet/Plus one). I wish there was more info/videos on these!

swissair81
03-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Meeee! I want a Duet!

Multimama
03-09-2011, 11:48 PM
I'm also really curious about the Duet although worried my DS would be too tall for it by the time hypothetical LO#2 comes along.

arivecchi
03-09-2011, 11:51 PM
I am super curious to see the Duet.

scriptkitten
03-10-2011, 12:14 AM
Very very curious about the duet

tarnator
03-10-2011, 02:19 AM
Me too.

I wish they would get it out there already!

wellyes
03-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Duet is competition for the BJCMD, right? Very very intriguing.
But I just ordered a Duo. What would having a duo and a duet say about me?

crl
03-10-2011, 10:25 AM
I don't need one, but I am curious about both MB doubles.

Catherine

swissair81
03-10-2011, 11:31 AM
duet is competition for the bjcmd, right? Very very intriguing.
But i just ordered a duo. What would having a duo and a duet say about me?

mb fanatic :p

arivecchi
03-10-2011, 11:44 AM
But I just ordered a Duo. What would having a duo and a duet say about me?
That you have excellent taste in strollers! :wink2:

arivecchi
03-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Info on the Plus One:

http://mountainbuggy.com/en/products/double-buggies/154--one

arivecchi
03-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Wowza! This is one good looking stroller! :loveeyes:

http://mountainbuggy.com/en/buggies/double/duo

Multimama
03-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Info on the Plus One:

http://mountainbuggy.com/en/products/double-buggies/154--one

Thanks for finding this info. It looks cool. But I just don't get how you would get the second child or newborn out from behind the front seat. Seems like it would be a pita. I guess will have to wait and see.

ckelly
03-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Oooh...I like how the second rider has an unobstructed view!

Multimama
03-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Okay, I'm kind of falling in love with the +One. Found this:

http://comfortfirst.com/p-141656-mountain-buggy-plus-one-stroller.aspx

The only thing I'm confused about is that it says it can hold 44 lbs. If that's the total amount it can hold those would be 2 very light toddlers! I hope it's 44 lbs per seat position.

legaleagle
03-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Thanks for finding this info. It looks cool. But I just don't get how you would get the second child or newborn out from behind the front seat. Seems like it would be a pita. I guess will have to wait and see.

Yeah, I'm really confused by that as well. Maybe the front seat pops off really easily, like the P&T ones?

Of course, unless the universe brings me a new car, I'll never have a MB anyway.

arivecchi
03-10-2011, 01:57 PM
The single MBs hold up to 77 pounds, so I would be shocked if the overall weight limit is 44 pounds.

purpelina
03-10-2011, 02:07 PM
I am super curious to see the Duet.

I somewhat expected an answer of that kind coming from you. I wonder why?:love-retry:

I guess MB brand should just send you their strollers for a thorough and loving review. Plus, your kids are experienced mb riders, and can offer valuable input. Besides, your family's resume is quite diverse, and you guys can knowledgeably compare mb to other stroller brands (AT or not) for an in depth analysis.
:waving4:

arivecchi
03-10-2011, 02:11 PM
I would willingly sign up to be a Mountain Buggy tester! I think swissair might like to be one too! ;)

As you all know, I am seriously fickle about strollers but have found my true loves to be Maclaren and Mountain Buggy! It's the perfect combination for us.

purpelina
03-10-2011, 02:17 PM
I would willingly sign up to be a Mountain Buggy tester! I think swissair might like to be one too! ;)

As you all know, I am seriously fickle about strollers but have found my true loves to be Maclaren and Mountain Buggy! It's the perfect combination for us.

I hope *they* are reading this board and taking notes!

BTW I love the +one idea - EXCELLENT:thumbsup:
That would be a great combo for many, who are on the fence about getting a double or not, when children are about 2 years apart.

arivecchi
03-10-2011, 02:19 PM
I was actually supposed to do a blog entry for MB but chickened out!

Bootsie
03-10-2011, 03:41 PM
I am eagerly awaiting the release of the plus one. I already have a side by side double with air tires - maybe I'd be able to come up with an excuse to get another stroller if it was inline! I love the looks of MB strollers - I didn't pursue a MB double because I need my double to be able to go in and out of the car a bit. My concern is the 25" width to both strollers (plus one and duet) - it will mean narrow seat width.

mackmama
03-10-2011, 06:02 PM

You should totally do it!! :)

wellyes
03-10-2011, 06:30 PM
You should totally do it!! :)

I seriously and truly think you should do stroller reviews and blogging for reals. You have definitely influenced thousands and thousands of $ in stroller purchases already! Stroller companies -- the good ones at least -- should be clamoring to provide you with free samples ;)

But , back to the op's question.... I'd love either one but why oh why can't they be a bit cheaper? By the time year end closeouts roll around my kids will be too big!!

roseyloxs
03-10-2011, 06:55 PM

or you can submit DH's reviews. Those are pretty entertaining.

arivecchi
03-10-2011, 08:15 PM
It was actually supposed to be a DH/DW review! Maybe I will do it this spring. :)

Thanks for the huge compliment wellyes!

swissair81
03-11-2011, 09:43 AM

It will be hard, but I'm willing to make the sacrifices necessary to perform that vital service. As an aside, I think the Plus One is more useful to my kid situation than the Duet. I'm going to start looking for a buyer for my BJCMD now. It will probably be a pain, since they are all on sale now, but I'll have to see what I can do.

Multimama
03-11-2011, 10:33 AM
But , back to the op's question.... I'd love either one but why oh why can't they be a bit cheaper?

I think my sense of what is reasonable price for a stroller must be becoming warped because I thought $699 for the Plus One with a second seat and "cocoon" was totally reasonable. Can't wait until Swissair becomes their tester so I can read the blog review. :)

arivecchi
03-11-2011, 12:10 PM
I think my sense of what is reasonable price for a stroller must be becoming warped because I thought $699 for the Plus One with a second seat and "cocoon" was totally reasonable. I had the same exact thought. I like the fact that the second rider has a full view if you have two toddler riders. The pocket for the feet is ingenious.

roseyloxs
03-11-2011, 01:22 PM
I think my sense of what is reasonable price for a stroller must be becoming warped because I thought $699 for the Plus One with a second seat and "cocoon" was totally reasonable. Can't wait until Swissair becomes their tester so I can read the blog review. :)

I wish it wasn't sold with the cocoon. Throwing down $600 seems easier to me then $700.

Multimama
03-11-2011, 01:26 PM
I wish it wasn't sold with the cocoon. Throwing down $600 seems easier to me then $700.

In my head I just automatically assume I will find an amazing deal for 20% off so that means I'm only throwing down $560. Free cocoon! :)

legaleagle
03-11-2011, 01:56 PM
What exactly IS the cocoon? A soft not-actually-attached-to-the-stroller carrycot?

roseyloxs
03-11-2011, 02:28 PM
What exactly IS the cocoon? A soft not-actually-attached-to-the-stroller carrycot?

That's what it looks like. Would be used like this:

http://mountainbuggy.com/images/stories/mb_products/plusone/plusone_technical.jpg

Multimama
03-11-2011, 02:50 PM
I imagine it will be something similar to the Phil and Ted's cocoon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000U29IYC/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000EJ1I1W&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1ZMZE6EZ7424XS25T4Z2). Maybe you need it in order to be able to shuttle a young infant in and out of that back area in the stroller, so they decided to include it as part of the package.

roseyloxs
03-11-2011, 03:09 PM
5 stars on amazon. Sounds like a pretty well built soft structured carrier. All this talk is making me want a plus one which is surprising because I didn't understand the buzz after the expo. However now that I have two full grown toddlers and we are moving to Europe it looks much more useful.

BabyBearsMom
03-11-2011, 03:10 PM
The time frame of the Duet coming out has definitely been a factor in when I want to start TTC #2. It is not one of DH's factors...seriously what is wrong with that man? :loveeyes:

arivecchi
03-11-2011, 03:25 PM
The time frame of the Duet coming out has definitely been a factor in when I want to start TTC #2. It is not one of DH's factors...seriously what is wrong with that man? :loveeyes:
LOL. I hear you sistah! I sometimes think I would like a third so I can get a Vista and a Plus One. Hehe. Now isn't that responsible? ;)

Multimama
03-11-2011, 03:33 PM
5 stars on amazon. Sounds like a pretty well built soft structured carrier. All this talk is making me want a plus one which is surprising because I didn't understand the buzz after the expo. However now that I have two full grown toddlers and we are moving to Europe it looks much more useful.

Yeah, I'm thinking you put the younger kid in the front seat and use the back area as a SHOPPING CART. :)

BabyBearsMom
03-11-2011, 03:36 PM
LOL. I hear you sistah! I sometimes think I would like a third so I can get a Vista and a Plus One. Hehe. Now isn't that responsible? ;)

It sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Kaylee31
03-11-2011, 11:20 PM
I guess I'm in the minority, b/c I really don't like the looks of the Plus One. It just looks really cramped to me-- makes a P&T look very roomy in comparison. And how are you supposed to see an infant in the cocoon? I know they are trying to fit 2 children in one stroller, and still have the footprint of a single-- but imo, it just doesn't work. And $699 seems crazy to me-- about $100 overpriced at least. I am more curious about the Duet-- but think the seats would be too narrow for my taste. The Terrain seat seems narrow to me, and that's 14".