PDA

View Full Version : Separation Anxiety or what?

pinkflamingo
03-10-2011, 10:17 AM
DD (11 months) has been really fussy in the mornings and also at lunch time. My SIL is our nanny and comes over to watch her. As I am getting ready in the morning, she cries and also is very clingy. Same thing at lunch when I come to nurse her and visit. Is this separation anxiety? Does she know I am about to leave and that is why she is upset? or what? Thanks!!

brittone2
03-10-2011, 10:22 AM
DD (11 months) has been really fussy in the mornings and also at lunch time. My SIL is our nanny and comes over to watch her. As I am getting ready in the morning, she cries and also is very clingy. Same thing at lunch when I come to nurse her and visit. Is this separation anxiety? Does she know I am about to leave and that is why she is upset? or what? Thanks!!

A definite possibility, particularly at that age. DS2 is 11 months and I have trouble getting ready in the morning because he clings to my leg and screams until I pick him up. He's also working on two new teeth which doesn't help his mood. He currently screams if I just round a corner and am momentarily out of sight.

He's living in the Ergo these days. Otherwise I can't get anything done because he is clinging to my leg and following me around like that.

pinkflamingo
03-10-2011, 10:24 AM
I resold my Ergo because I fell with her in it and it scared me. Grr! I miss it~!

brittone2
03-10-2011, 10:26 AM
I resold my Ergo because I fell with her in it and it scared me. Grr! I miss it~!

Oh no! I did that when we first moved. I was carrying a large but lightweight box down to the basement and fell on my bottom going down the stairs. Fortunately I didn't land on DS2 but it was a little scary.

I seriously can't survive this stage without my ergo because he literally *clings* to my leg and walks along like that in the kitchen. Drives me crazy!!

pinkflamingo
03-10-2011, 10:28 AM
She fell when she was in my arms as it twisted her as she fell and hurt her hip and couldnt crawl for a few days. I had her xrayed and it was pretty much horrible. I could never put her back in there. Sigh