PDA

View Full Version : Should I call again?

HIU8
03-10-2011, 11:37 AM
I called our neighborhood public school on Monday to go in and see K and 1st grade. The principals secretary was out (she schedules these visits). I have not received a call back yet. Do I wait one more day? Do I call again today?

Background: I need to tell the private DS got in to whether we are coming, by April 8th. So I need to have my visit at the public school and any testing they want to do with DS done before that, so I can make the best placement decision for him.

Gena
03-10-2011, 11:39 AM
CALL THEM!

Be nice and polite, but be persistent.

MoJo
03-10-2011, 11:40 AM
I'd call. She might still be out, or she might not have gotten the message. And in any case, you've waited three days.

KpbS
03-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Definitely call.

DietCokeLover
03-10-2011, 11:43 AM
I would definitely call again.

jess_g
03-10-2011, 11:54 AM
I would either call again or go into the office in person and ask.

Jessica.

plusbellelavie
03-10-2011, 12:00 PM
I would call today! And, if necessary tomorrow too!

egoldber
03-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Absolutely call.

But honestly, I don't know that you can realistically expect testing to be completed by April 8.

HIU8
03-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks. I called and she has something to get done and will be calling me this afternoon. She has my number and was planning on getting back to me today anyway. I was very nice. I knew she had been out sick. I will explain my timing issues later when she calls back.

I know that I can be "that" parent. I'm trying hard not to be. I have been good at DS's current school (even though I have wanted to be all over them, I know nothing would get done in my favor if I was).

MMMommy
03-10-2011, 01:29 PM
I hope she calls you back very soon. I think you were fine to call her back today, especially since three days has passed since your last call. I admit, I probably wouldn't be that patient and would have called sooner. Hopefully, you will be able to set up your visit asap. Good luck!

HIU8
03-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Since they have already done some testing they may be able to use that plus testing that I have that they don't yet. I don't have a choice about April 8th since it's the deadline to let the private know if we are coming. Plus, I'm not talking about an IEP yet. The school basically said he is the age for 1st so it's 1st. Then we will go forward with testing for an IEP etc... Turns out my neighborhood school has a special ed class (with inclusion), 4 special ed teachers plus the school counselor.

Beth, I may have to just do public and then get everything started b/c the cost of the private is just so much that we are debating whether we can actually do it (waiting on financial aid). Also, DS's appt to see a KKI psych isn't until end of March. Going about this blindly--it always happens that we are down to the wire. Either way, I'm hoping to make the best decision for DS.

ha98ed14
03-10-2011, 01:49 PM
CALL THEM!

Be nice and polite, but be persistent.

:yeahthat: School offices are very busy places and the "Principal's secretary" does WAY more that just the principal's bidding. Stay on the radar screen.