PDA

View Full Version : Which high-back booster has most narrow base?

AddiesMom
03-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Here's the situation:

DD is in a Nautilus (5pt) in my car, Graco High-back TB in DH's car. DD is complaining about the crotch strap in the Nautilus and she is 56 pounds, I feel comfortable having her in a belt-positioning booster in my car. My intention was to keep using the Nautilus right to the end but there is a problem... the Nautilus is too wide to use with the seat belt in my car (2005 X3). Once the harness came undone in the back and I had to use it with the seat belt for a few days and it was impossible to buckle- the booster always covered it. I just tried the TB in my car, it is a little better but not much!

I have a Harmony Lite Rider backless booster for emergencies, I just tried that and it is much better- but I am not ready to move her to that full-time!

So here is what I am looking at (both at Walmart-would have to do Site to Store):
Harmony Juvenile - Dreamtime Comfort Booster Car Seat - website says it is 16.5" wide
Safety 1st - Boost Air Protect Booster Car Seat- website has no width information

Looking for opinions and any width info on the Safety 1st- thanks!

Edit- also, the Harnony backless booster and Graco TB are about the same width at the armrests, but the Harmony's bottom is contoured in as it does down making it more narrow. I am curious if the Harmony Dreamtime is the same way. The Graco is much wider when you flip it over and measure the width of the base.