PDA

View Full Version : Angry

ha98ed14
03-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Just angry. Blood boiling, blue-streak swearing, angry. All of it about the economy and the politics and the hatred I feel. It's eating me. Really consuming me. I've been unhappy for the last week. I see the news, it's there. DH comes home, more talk of another paycut, it's there. I have a playdate and all we can talk about is how bad their business is suffering. I'm anxious and angry. I feel a searing hate for people who aren't suffering the way but think they have the answers. I don't remember feeling hate like this...ever? It's not rational, but it feels *SO* personal. How did I come to this?

kedss
03-10-2011, 01:48 PM
hugs, its not easy, I'm very much left leaning, but there is equal blame to share going back several administrations, I'm sure. I have no faith in our government to actually 'work' and I'm sure its been broken long before I was born. I realize there is nothing I can do about the things I see and hear, but I try not to let it affect how I feel about things too much, it is difficult some days, esp since I live with a libertarianish conservative, maybe that's how I stay sane, I argue with the 'dark side' several times a day. ;)

BabbyO
03-10-2011, 02:27 PM
...I have no faith in our government to actually 'work' and I'm sure its been broken long before I was born. I realize there is nothing I can do about the things I see and hear...

I think more and more people feel this way. What a sad state of things. What happened to government for the people, by the people???

Instead the people feel helpless and angry. Makes me want to send this to every politician and say, "Shame on you."

golightly1118
03-10-2011, 05:20 PM
I understand how you feel-I just tune out the politicians, as I think they're all full of BS and I always feel like I'm trying to pick the lesser of two evils when I vote. DH listens to the pundits on talk radio, and I honestly don't know how he does it-my blood boils within seconds of hearing the blowhards on both sides of the political fence.

niccig
03-11-2011, 12:07 AM
I'm sorry you're feeling this way :hug:

Cam&Clay
03-11-2011, 01:04 AM
hugs, its not easy, I'm very much left leaning, but there is equal blame to share going back several administrations, I'm sure. I have no faith in our government to actually 'work' and I'm sure its been broken long before I was born. I realize there is nothing I can do about the things I see and hear, but I try not to let it affect how I feel about things too much, it is difficult some days, esp since I live with a libertarianish conservative, maybe that's how I stay sane, I argue with the 'dark side' several times a day. ;)

Are we married to the same guy? This liberal teacher had to stop discussing Wisconsin with him. :banghead:

kedss
03-11-2011, 05:25 AM
between Libya and Wisconsin(where we might move) I just have to shut my ears off, LOL ;)

kijip
03-13-2011, 12:33 AM
I think I understand. As a politically minded person, I get feeling hot under the collar about the current situation. Sometimes I wonder if I have gone to sleep and woken up during a red scare. Sometimes small part of me thinks of one of John Brown's quote- I am now quite certain that the crimes of this guilty land will never be purged away (but with blood). I don't support violence but I do wonder what the hell is going on.

I don't feel angry all the time or hopeless though, and I am far from a Pollyanna. I remember that things have gone in long cycles for generations. That there are still many more good people than not. That even if something awful happens, I can only do my best to live my best day today. and having a good sense of humor.

I think what helps is finding out ways to help each other in times like this, and to surround yourself with hopeful things. Pay cuts suck. Really and truly. I don't want to minimize or trivialize that at all. But it can't hurt to remind yourself of what you do have- a great family, a roof over your head and a sound mind. Look for things to add in a little income if possible. It is not your fault that this happened and you have every right to be upset, but in the day to day stay focused in the big picture. I say this to help, not to chide. I have had some dark hours and shaky times financially, even as an adult, and I really do get that this is a hard time for you.