PDA

View Full Version : Do you wipe down carts? If so, what do you use?

mikala
03-10-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm not a germaphobe but I've seen a few too many "my child has a 110 degree fever, a triple ear infection, croup, technicolor snot and explosive diarrhea but we just got back from Target and Trader Joe's because we had to get out of the house" FB status updates lately. Most of our stores have been out of the free Purell wipes they keep by the carts so that hasn't been an option.

Do you wipe down carts before your kids sit in them? If so, what do you use?

MMMommy
03-10-2011, 02:36 PM
I only use them at places that provide the cart wipes (supermarkets, Trader Joe's). Otherwise, I don't bother.

JBaxter
03-10-2011, 02:39 PM
I only use them at places that provide the cart wipes (supermarkets, Trader Joe's). Otherwise, I don't bother.

I keep hand sanitize gel in my purse/diaper bag for when Im done

Smillow
03-10-2011, 02:40 PM
I did when DS was smaller - now I don't & the little boy who NEVER (and I mean never - he was exclusively BF (no bottles ever) till 2 weeks before he turned 1) put anything in his mouth has started biting the handle on the buggy!

HonoluluMom
03-10-2011, 02:40 PM
I do wipe down the carts and will use what's at the store. If they don't have wipes, I'll either use Wet Ones or I'll spray hand sanitizer (Clean Well) and then wipe down with tissues.

cvanbrunt
03-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Sure don't.

maestramommy
03-10-2011, 03:00 PM
I don't. But I see a lot of stores have a canister of wipes next to the carts.

BabbyO
03-10-2011, 03:05 PM
I generally don't because...well, I'm probably lazy. But if I noticed a handle was particularly gross, I'd use the wipes provided. If they were out I'd just use a wipe from the diaper bag. If I didn't have the diaper bag, I'd rub a little hand sanitizer on it and use a tissue if I had one.