PDA

View Full Version : Filling Easter Eggs for Toddlers

Pear
03-10-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm thinking about setting up a little egg hunt for my 2 year old. Don't want to go to crazy on the sugar. So far my only idea is 1 jellybean per egg, but even that seems like a bit much if she gets a basket full of eggs.

What do you put in your Easter eggs?

jgenie
03-10-2011, 03:00 PM
If you buy bigger eggs you can fill them with nonfood items. I have a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old. We're planning to fill with hotwheels cars, stickers, sidewalk chalk, mini playdough, goldfish, bunny crackers, and some custom crayons from Etsy. They will each get a chocolate bunny in their baskets but that's it for candy here.

MMMommy
03-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Not very exciting, but how about filling them with lightly sweetened cereal? Goldfish crackers or some other small cracker?

vonfirmath
03-10-2011, 03:06 PM
In the past, my son did not seem to care WHAT was inside the eggs he got open.

We go to the presidential library easter egg hunt and its all about the thrill of the hunt and opening and closing the eggs. I had a few new toys available to "trade" if it became necessary -- but it has not yet.

Stickers would be wonderful. Small and very much appreciated around our house. And those gold fake coins that could be "spent" at the mommy store later, perhaps?

Tondi G
03-10-2011, 03:07 PM
you could put goldfish, teddy grahams, cheerios etc in the eggs as well as small toys as someone else suggested.

they usually have either bunny shaped or egg shaped sidewalk chalk for easter which my kids really liked. we found mini kites one year. bouncy balls, yo-yo balls, lego minisets all have been a part of our easter "hunts".

One thing we did to cut down on the kids just simply eating dozens of chocolate eggs was chop em all up and melt it down... dipped strawberries.... everyone enjoyed that!

vonfirmath
03-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Another idea: Crack open a Duplo set and put a piece or two in each egg.

septmama2b
03-10-2011, 03:17 PM
These are great ideas, I have two toddlers, 1 and 2 and was struggling to figure out what to put in their baskets.

Thanks, now I just need to find some cute baskets.

doberbrat
03-10-2011, 03:33 PM
we threw a bunch of change into the eggs - so some had a penny, some a dime, etc.

and a few had animal crackers, a hersheys kiss or a car. even today, my 5 yo loves getting "money" in her eggs ;)