PDA

View Full Version : iPhone/iPad apps

swissair81
03-10-2011, 03:36 PM
My husband gave me a $25 app gift card. I usually only download free apps, or if I have to pay I spend only $0.99. So please suggest some good ones for me.

smiles33
03-10-2011, 05:12 PM
I rarely buy any, but I have:

Angry Birds HD (HD means high-def and is just for iPad, as some of the iPhone apps are low resolution)
Angry Birds Seasons HD
Words with Friends HD

I only use mine at home and DDs often play with it, too, but I only get free games for them.

Penny's Pappa
03-10-2011, 05:47 PM
I've only bought a couple apps:

MotionX GPS Drive -- $0.99 -- A turn-by-turn GPS navigation tool
Grocery Gadget -- $4.99 -- Shopping list generator with barcode scanner so you can just scan commonly used items rather than have to type/search for them.

I could recommend some free apps as well, if you'd like.

mackmama
03-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Flashlight
Mom maps
Baby connect
Audible
Words with friends
White noise

swissair81
03-10-2011, 06:53 PM
I've only bought a couple apps:

MotionX GPS Drive -- $0.99 -- A turn-by-turn GPS navigation tool
Grocery Gadget -- $4.99 -- Shopping list generator with barcode scanner so you can just scan commonly used items rather than have to type/search for them.

I could recommend some free apps as well, if you'd like.

Yes please! :)

Penny's Pappa
03-10-2011, 06:55 PM
LOL

RedLaser -- A barcode scanner that will compare prices for items in numerous online and B&M stores.
Urbanspoon -- A restaurant finder. You tell it what you're in the mood to eat and it makes suggestions for you in your vicinity.
GasBuddy -- Compares gas prices in your area and overlays them on a map.
Tapatalk -- A chat forum app. Works really well for the BBB so you don't have to browse the forum using the phone's browser.
The Weather Channel -- Self explanatory.
Netflix -- Watch movies on your phone/iPad if you have a Netflix account!
Pandora Radio -- Stream Pandora. If you don't know what Pandora is, I highly suggest you check it out. You tell Pandora a band or song you like, and it finds similar bands/songs for you to listen to.
Starbucks Mobile Card -- Stores your Starbucks gift/reward cards. You can then have the clerk at the 'Bucks scan your phone (it displays your card's barcode) when you buy stuff.
Facebook or Facely HD -- Facebook apps.

There are tons more, but that should give you a good start! Have fun!

ETA: Just remembered that Tapatalk is NOT free. It's $2.99. Well worth it though if you spend any time on chat forums, and since you're here I assume you do ;)

mezzona
03-10-2011, 09:31 PM
splashID - password manager
pandora