PDA

View Full Version : Lego Stores Help!

Toba
03-10-2011, 05:17 PM
There is a Lego Store about an hour (maybe more) away from home and DS is OBSESSED with these things. His birthday is Saturday, but we're not having a family birthday party until Tuesday. We had the big blow out party last year (Bounce U for a gazillion people) and want something small this year, but special. We'd love to take him to a Lego Store for a special surprise on Saturday, but we've never been before. Can you buy the actual sets (like Indiana Jones and Star Wars) there or is just strictly buying bricks?? If it's just buying bricks, I don't think DS will be that thrilled, but I think we'd still take him and swing by the TRU that's right around this place and get him a few sets.

Jen841
03-10-2011, 05:36 PM
It is basically the Lego section of a store with just legos, and some lose pieces if needed.

elephantmeg
03-10-2011, 05:42 PM
lots and lots and lots of sets plus the loose bricks. I would totally do it as a b-day treat!

alien_host
03-10-2011, 05:44 PM
You can get sets, some of which are exclusive to the Lego Store.

They do have the pick a brick wall where you can fill a cup for $8 or $15 deppending on the size. They have build a minifig which allows you to but a 3 pack of minis for $10, you pick the pieces from a "bar".

Have fun

artvandalay
03-10-2011, 05:47 PM
I don't have an answer to your question because my son is just now really getting into Lego's, but I wanted to let you know to check your local library.

3 of the libraries near me are starting a "Lego Club" that meets once a month. They supply the Lego's. I'm gonna have my 6 year old go to the next one, I think he will really like it!

Toba
03-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Awww, that is just awesome. So happy for my little man; he'll be so excited! For some reason he loves the mini figures best, so I'll guess we'll be at the "bar" for awhile. Thankfully we just got our tax refund because I'm betting this is going to be one expensive Lego Store trip! Thank you guys so much!!! We're not going to tell him where we're going in advance and just kind of wind up there ... then we'll let him go nuts! :)

alien_host
03-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Don't forget to sign up for their VIP Program. You earn 1 point for each dollar spent. Once you earn 100 points you get $5 to spend. Through March 15th happens to be double points so 2 points for every $1 spent. They don't expire for 2 years so it's worth it, even if you don't go often.

Also this month he can get a free Star Wars Key Chain if you spend $50 on Star Wars sets.

And they don't have Indiana Jones right now. You could check the lego.com website to see what sets they are carrying at the moment.

ETA: oh and they often have a bunch of sets built and displayed and other fun things to look at.