PDA

View Full Version : School Project Help ... How to Catch a Leprechaun?

Toba
03-10-2011, 06:23 PM
DS is in first grade and the first grade teachers have come up with yet another project. We have to build a "trap" for a leprechaun. Other years' entries included bars of "gold" drizzled with honey so the leprechaun would get stuck and a rabbit type trap (with a box, stick and string) with "gold" bars and rainbows as bait. I can't think of ANYTHING but I want to outdo all the other ones!!! LOL Apparently, the first grade teachers are angry with the leprechauns because they can NEVER catch them. The kids are super excited about the project.

Any ideas??

Jacksmommy2b
03-10-2011, 06:46 PM
How much work do you want to put into it?

I would take our cauldron from halloween and spray paint or glitter it green. Then I would use a thin piece of styrafoam cut in half and use it as a 'trap door' over the cauldron and then glue 'gold' pieces and bars to the top.

Leprechaun jumps on top and falls through the trap door. :)

missliss55
03-10-2011, 07:44 PM
My kids have to do this too. One time we made a trap using all legos. This year the teacher suggested everyone use a shoebox (she didn't want them too big). We cut a hole in the top of the shoebox and covered it with green felt. We cut a little slit near the hole so when the leprechaun walks over he will fall in. There are lots of gold, jewels, a rainbow and even a pot of gold to entice him towards the hole. Good luck...it is a fun project.

WitMom
03-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Family Fun had an article with projects last year (I think). I would go check out their website.