PDA

View Full Version : Four Seasons or Albert T

3sweetgirls
03-10-2011, 11:16 PM
I've narrowed it down to these two. I love the look of the Four Seasons and think it would satisfy my tendency to be fickle. This is my 3rd Maclaren in one year. :oops: (That was hard to type) but the Al is $65 less than the Four Seasons and seems plushier and nicer over all, granted I haven't actually seen either. I also have 3 girls and think the Al seems more boyish. So please tell me why I should get the Al and not the Four Seasons. Will the Four Seasons get dirty quickly, is the Al really that much nicer, maybe it's much nicer in person, etc...

Also, for those of you with the Al, I noticed there is no peekaboo window on the hood, but is there one under the hood above the back of the seat? And does it have a travel bag?

emily
03-11-2011, 08:31 AM
I think the Four Season color is too light. I can see it getting really dirty.

Where have you found Al? I cant find him anywhere.

Multimama
03-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Okay, i will try to answer your questions!

I also have 3 girls and think the Al seems more boyish.

I think Al is pretty gender neutral actually. The plaid has a pink stripe in it and IMO the stroller would look really nice with a pink liner. :)

So please tell me why I should get the Al and not the Four Seasons. Will the Four Seasons get dirty quickly,

I have only seen it from afar, but it seemed like a type of tan color to me. Definitely darker than the new G-luxes! I wouldn't worry about dirt. It comes with lots of liners and Macs wash up well or so I've heard. (Never had to wash mine yet.)

is the Al really that much nicer, maybe it's much nicer in person,

Al looks nicer in person, definitely. I think they are totally comparable as they are both designer ryder strollers. Just different accessories and differently looks. I also think Al's recline is supposed to be deeper than some of the other ryders, but don't know if that is true in comparison to the four seasons.

Also, for those of you with the Al, I noticed there is no peekaboo window on the hood, but is there one under the hood above the back of the seat?

Yes, it has a peekaboo window under the hood, so if the seat is reclined you can see your kiddo.

And does it have a travel bag?

Nope. That's pretty much the only accessory it doesn't come with! It does come with a luggage tag though.

poohbear
03-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Well MM did a nice long detailed answer so I'll do a short one.

Albert Thurston.
And with the money you save, you can buy a nice padded travel bag and still have some $$ to spare! :)

arivecchi
03-11-2011, 12:04 PM
I bought the padded umbrella bag on Amazon and Al fits perfectly in it.

I love both but I think I would go with Al because I think MM is correct in that it has a deeper recline. Also those nice leather handles.....

I do think it would look nice with a pink liner.

ijopint
03-11-2011, 01:12 PM
AL ! AL! I will def go with Al.

3sweetgirls
03-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Where have you found Al? I cant find him anywhere.
I found one on StrollerSwap

Thanks for the responses ladies!! And the deeper recline would definitely sway my decision

I bought the padded umbrella bag on Amazon and Al fits perfectly in it.
What brand is the padded umbrella bag you bought?

arivecchi
03-11-2011, 01:28 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Childress-Padded-Umbrella-Stroller-Travel/dp/B000E16658/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299864499&sr=8-1-spell

crl
03-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Just on the off chance you have one lying around. Al may fit in a travel golf club bag. (My umbrella does.)

Catherine

poohbear
03-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Just on the off chance you have one lying around. Al may fit in a travel golf club bag. (My umbrella does.)

Catherine

Do you have trouble at the airport with that? I wondered if they would give you a hard time since it would look like you have golf clubs...``

liamsmom
03-11-2011, 07:16 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Childress-Padded-Umbrella-Stroller-Travel/dp/B000E16658/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299864499&sr=8-1-spell

Were you able to fit Al inside? I bought this one and had to return it because I couldn't get it zipped up.

arivecchi
03-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Yes. It was a tight fit but I was able to do it - without the footmuff of course!

carolinamama
03-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Well, I just have to say Al but then again, I've never seen the Four Seasons in person. I got it last fall and started using it as my car stroller for DS2 after I got over my initial hesitation since I thought he was just too pretty to use. I've never looked back. The recline is awesome and it isn't really tippy like my Quest. I am now expecting a baby girl this summer and there is no way I am parting with that stroller (and the leather handles :wink2:) - I think a pink liner may be really cute! I definitely think it is fine for girls.

arivecchi
03-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Yes, slap a pink liner and some cute saddle bags and Al could be perfect for a girl. :)

crl
03-11-2011, 10:50 PM
Do you have trouble at the airport with that? I wondered if they would give you a hard time since it would look like you have golf clubs...``

Never actually used it. Just tried it and figured out it fits. My umbrella is a $65 Cybex off Overstock so the only time I have traveled with it I figured it wasn't worth the hassle of dealing with a bag. Plus I had traveled previously with a Silver Cross mini and never had any damage. But if I were checking Al, I might feel differently! ;)

Worst case, you unzip it enough to show them it is a stroller, right? Seems like it would be worth saving the money for a bag if you could.

Catherine

liamsmom
03-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Yes. It was a tight fit but I was able to do it - without the footmuff of course!

Hmmm. I don't remember if I tried it with or without the footmuff. I think I was nervous about spending a lot of time stuff him (the stroller) into a bag at the gate, so I went with a comically larger bag.

poohbear
03-12-2011, 09:21 AM
i went with a comically larger bag.

:rotflmao:
I have the "red gate check bag" for the Triumph. I suppose that's what I would use if I ever checked Al... It folds up nice and small. Like smaller than an iPad (but thicker). Obviously no padding...

roseyloxs
03-12-2011, 02:00 PM
I've narrowed it down to these two. I love the look of the Four Seasons and think it would satisfy my tendency to be fickle. This is my 3rd Maclaren in one year. :oops: (That was hard to type) but the Al is $65 less than the Four Seasons and seems plushier and nicer over all, granted I haven't actually seen either. I also have 3 girls and think the Al seems more boyish. So please tell me why I should get the Al and not the Four Seasons. Will the Four Seasons get dirty quickly, is the Al really that much nicer, maybe it's much nicer in person, etc...

Also, for those of you with the Al, I noticed there is no peekaboo window on the hood, but is there one under the hood above the back of the seat? And does it have a travel bag?

Buy the Al and put the extra $65 towards the Mac Starck at AlbeeBaby that comes with the travel bag. If you don't like the strack you can sell it on CL(keep the travel bag of course) to get your money back... or if you do like it sell one of your other (travel) Macs. Just an idea ;)

3sweetgirls
03-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Ha! I bought the Stark some days ago and completely forgot it included the travel bag. Thanks for the reminder. I probably would have bought one if I hadn't seen this.

Multimama
03-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Ha! I bought the Stark some days ago and completely forgot it included the travel bag. Thanks for the reminder. I probably would have bought one if I hadn't seen this.

Cool! I love the Starck. It's not a padded bad, but honestly I don't see myself ever bringing a padded bag through the airport. It's a very nice travel bag.