PDA

View Full Version : Dear MIL and FIL

Edensmum
03-11-2011, 12:01 AM
When I contact you to let you know I am in the area and willing to meet you at your convenience so that you can see the grandchildren that you have not seen in months. Do not respond by saying that while you want to see them, I should go home because dh needs me and you're sure my kids will be happier home with Daddy. Wow, that was rude. We are very capable of making decisions about what we do and where we go without your input. I know that dh is having a few moles removed while we are gone, but if I were in town I would not be sitting in the doctors office with him with two active children. He is fine and so are the kids. Our children are thrilled to see my family and hoping to see you too.
DIL,
Who is increasingly sick of your lack of boundaries.

niccig
03-11-2011, 12:06 AM
Wow..well I wouldn't be making any contact in the future. Maybe something like "Dear MIL, thank you for your rude reply. Next time we are in town, I will make sure to NOT tell you that we are visiting. Love, DIL.

elephantmeg
03-11-2011, 12:29 AM
whaaaaaaaaaaaat???!!!

marge234
03-11-2011, 12:32 AM
There are no words. Sorry your ILs are such jerks, but hope you can put this behind you and fully enjoy not visiting them!

Edensmum
03-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Just more info, we live 800 miles away. I made a trip home because my grandmother passed. It was a very important trip to take for us and I wish dh could have come. It's not like in the area, happens easily or often.

TwinFoxes
03-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Wow...like you're out clubbing or something! That is just snotty and rude.

crl
03-11-2011, 02:03 AM
That is absurd. I wouldn't contact them again, that's for sure.

Catherine

malphy
03-11-2011, 09:03 AM
Wow! It's their loss.

hellokitty
03-11-2011, 09:12 AM
I'm sorry that they are like that. I have similar issues with my parents, everything is on their schedule with no regard to anyone else. Next time they bitch that they don't see their grandkids enough, I would be reminding them of this incident if I were you.

liz
03-11-2011, 09:39 AM
Next time they bitch that they don't see their grandkids enough, I would be reminding them of this incident if I were you.

:yeahthat:. Wow, their response is just plain strange. They must know why you are in town. Oh well, you can spend more time with your family.

Sorry about your grandmother. :hug:

Melanie
03-11-2011, 12:12 PM
How rude, and strange. ITA, I wouldn't be doing them any favors in the future.

I am sorry for your loss.

ha98ed14
03-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Just more info, we live 800 miles away. I made a trip home because my grandmother passed. It was a very important trip to take for us and I wish dh could have come. It's not like in the area, happens easily or often.

O.M.G. You live 800 miles away and this is what they said to you? Holy Sh!t. I would never ever put myself out there again and ask them if they wanted to see DC. Let DH contact them if need be. If they ever get around to asking to see DC, do it at your convenience, not theirs and make them drive the 800 miles!

crl
03-11-2011, 03:01 PM
I missed your follow up. I am so sorry for your loss. And that makes their response even more unacceptable.

Catherine