PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever feel guilty...

Twoboos
03-11-2011, 09:58 AM
when you have a dream about an ex-boyfriend?

I had a dream last night with not one but TWO of my exes in it. One of those when you wake up and think - WTH was that all about??

I feel a tad guilty. There was some hooking up going on.

These are both exes I think are decent people. One I am in touch with occasionally (1-2x/year), the other I would love to catch up with. I definitely do NOT have feelings for either. (Unless I do subconsciously!! :rotflmao:)

In a way it was nice to "see" them again, lol.

momof2girls
03-11-2011, 10:03 AM
I remember most of my dreams and usually an ex shows up at least twice times a month. I tell DH who thinks it's funny.

wendibird22
03-11-2011, 10:17 AM
So funny you posted this, as last night I too had a dream about another man and was going to post a similar thread! I never remember my dreams so it really struck me this morning when I woke up and clearly remembered the entire dream. I too kind of feel guilty. It wasn't about an ex, but a man I do know IRL and the details were very plausible. He and I getting smitten while away at a conference. Him saying I love you to me for the first time and me saying it back. The good news (I think) is that at the end of the dream I told him that it couldn't continue because I am married and he's in a long-term relationship. I guess even my subconscious has a conscience!

Of course now I'm hoping that I forget about this dream between now and the next time I see this person!

wolverine2
03-11-2011, 10:23 AM
My "first love" that I had as a teenager shows up in my dreams all the time. I've come to think that he represents some left-over teenage need for acceptance, and shows up sometimes to remind me that I'm accepted (kind of in a butterfly-in-the stomach innocent teeenage way). :) I've kind of adopted him as a figure in my dreams. Our families both summer in the same place, so I see him about once a year and we're friendly, but not close. It's always a little strange though for me to see him in real life! (which of course, is nothing like my dream).