PDA

View Full Version : ISO washable Mickey Mouse doll lovey

TwoBees
03-11-2011, 10:54 AM
DD is fast becoming attached to this (http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-mouse-plush-toy-17/mp/1251291/1000267+1000034/) Mickey Mouse doll. Mickey is currently undergoing a bath after DD threw up on him last night, and I am hoping he survives. But this made me realize that it would be wonderful to swap out this doll for a more washing-machine friendly Mickey before Mickey becomes a lovey. Any idea where to look?

TwinFoxes
03-11-2011, 11:04 AM
The Disney store has little Mickey and Minnies that are washable. Usually two for $15 or so. We got ours from the outlet two years ago, and both Mickey and Minnie have survived many washings. :)

TwoBees
03-11-2011, 11:07 AM
The Disney store has little Mickey and Minnies that are washable. Usually two for $15 or so. We got ours from the outlet two years ago, and both Mickey and Minnie have survived many washings. :)

Are you able to find them on the Disney Store website by any chance?

ETA: Are they the beanbag ones? When you wash them, do oyu put them in a mesh bag?

TwinFoxes
03-11-2011, 10:25 PM
I don't think they're the beanbag ones, they don't feel especially bean baggy. But they're asleep right now ;) I'll check the label tomorrow.

elephantmeg
03-12-2011, 08:58 AM
I saw some in the baby area at walmart

TwoBees
03-12-2011, 01:35 PM
I saw some in the baby area at walmart

I didn't even think about walmart. Thanks, I'll check the big one.

Pbl427
03-13-2011, 08:21 PM
I believe the little ones are technically the bean bag ones, although as another poster said - they are not very "beanie." We have several that are loveys for our kiddos and they do wash well and last well. I would suggest buying several in the beginning and then rotating them out when you wash them so they wear similarly. They seem to change the design a bit over time, so if you have to replace one - they will notice that the nose is now flatter or smaller or whatever. Same thing if the backup is not worn similarly. My now 4 yo DS has 2 Mickeys, but realized that there is a "backup" Mickey in his closet. He refers to it as backup Mickey and it is the only stuffed animal NOT allowed in his bed. He totally goes looking for it so that he can make sure it is thrown out of the bed!

It does make a great lovey - small enough to travel with and the nose and hands seem to be very appealing for sucking. We have a Minnie for DD and Pluto (similar nose) for DS2.

justlearning
03-14-2011, 12:02 AM
You've already gotten some great suggestions regarding looking at Walmart.

But I wanted to add that I got this Mickey Mouse for DS: http://www.disneystore.com/12-allergy-friendly-mickey-mouse-plush/mp/1243259/14406/

It's machine washable and I have done so and it came out great. The colors are wrong, though--the black parts are more of a navy color but DS doesn't care. It's very soft and that's what matters to him.

It's sold out but I just checked on ebay and there was a recent completed listing for one NWT so perhaps you could find another on ebay if you really wanted one.