PDA

View Full Version : Recommend the most lightweight reclining stroller

mominthecity
03-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Hi there, I am looking for stroller pros help again :)

We need a lightweight stroller that would be able to recline somewhat for naps. The most important factor is the lowest weight and easiest fold, we will need this for the car errands, public transport and travel. It would also be nice if it is not too rickety.
The sales rep at the store recommended maclaren volo and triumph. I am not too fond of Maclaren fold, I couldn't do it at the store and they didn't feel as lightweight as I would have wanted. We also looked at Uppa Baby, which had nice features - deep recline and canopy, but it has somewhat bulkier fold and larger wheels. Any other stroller brands I am not aware of?

Which of the ones we looked at would you recommend? Which one would push better outside, they seem all the same at the store.

Thanks!

crl
03-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Well, you aren't going to get any lighter than a MacLaren volo. Baby Jogger City Mini's are supposed to have a fabulously easy fold, but they are quite a bit heavier than a volo.

I can say, don't get a Cybex Onyx, at least my 2009 has a dreadful fold. (I really like the stroller otherwise.)

Catherine

mominthecity
03-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Well, you aren't going to get any lighter than a MacLaren volo. Baby Jogger City Mini's are supposed to have a fabulously easy fold, but they are quite a bit heavier than a volo.

I can say, don't get a Cybex Onyx, at least my 2009 has a dreadful fold. (I really like the stroller otherwise.)

Catherine

Thank you! The volo doesn't recline unfortunately, and fold seems to be too finicky/sticky, it's just something to get used to.

Multimama
03-11-2011, 05:36 PM
The lightest Maclaren with a recline is the Triumph. I think it is pretty universally agreed that Maclarens have the easiest push and steering, especially with heavier kiddos, which is why they are so beloved. FWIW, the fold seems confusing at first, but it really is very easy once you get used to it and the stroller loosens up after a bit of use too.

I think the Uppababy G-luxe recline is deeper than the Triumph, more comparable to the Quest. And for weight-to-recline ratio, the G-luxe is probably the best. (Although how much does the Onyx way? That is supposed to have a very deep recline, but as PP said, bad fold.)

Almost always with umbrella strollers you have to decide what feature is the most important to you. For example, I like a fuller recline and bigger wheels so I'm willing to use something that weighs a bit more for an everyday umbrella.

roseyloxs
03-11-2011, 05:37 PM
we will need this for the car errands, public transport and travel. It would also be nice if it is not too rickety.

Triumph and G-luxe are the first to pop into mind. Do you want the stroller to remain open for PT? Or do you plan to fold? If you plan to fold first you can look into the baby jogger city micro which has the famous baby jogger fold with a more solid feel then an umbrella. The micro does have a very slight recline. However at 16 lbs it is not superlight.

Multimama
03-11-2011, 05:39 PM
However at 16 lbs it is not superlight.

Yeah, I was wondering if the OP might prefer the fold on the Peg Perego Si, but it's also about 16 lbs.

crl
03-11-2011, 05:50 PM
I think the onyx is 14.5 pounds. Has a great recline, nice plush seat, plenty of head room for a tall kiddo. But I think the fold sucks.

Catherine