PDA

View Full Version : Laser hair removal

SoloMelody
03-11-2011, 04:10 PM
I want to get hair on the upper lip removed. What am I looking for when I pick a place to do this procedure?

Currently there is a deal at
http://livingsocial.com/deals/22098-laser-hair-removal-or-photofacial?msdc_id=223

justlearning
03-11-2011, 04:17 PM
When I was looking, I went to three different places for a free consultation.

At the first place, she did a little sample to show me what it was like. She didn't have me wear anything protective over my eyes (and it was my first time since I didn't know any better). It ended up really hurting my eyes, so their office was crossed off my list!

At the second place, she used air blowing at the same time. She said it was better. At the third place, they said that machine is worse. It didn't really matter to me because the 2nd place was dirty, not a place I wanted to keep going to.

So I chose the third place because it was clean and they didn't burn my eyes. :)

At this point, though, I'm just looking to get a good deal on groupon or similar. And the deal you linked is indeed a great deal. I paid $240 for 3 sessions--they did both upper lip and chin, but I didn't have much hair. Unfortunately, the hairs have come back so I need more. I should have started with six but didn't want to pay $500 then. I would gladly pay $99.

SoloMelody
03-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Does the service provider need to have any type of certification?

crispychicky
03-11-2011, 06:32 PM
If you google "choosing a light-based hair removal practitioner" you should get some good info and checklists.

fortato
03-11-2011, 06:37 PM
So, my first Gynecologist left the practice to start her own laser hair removal business.

Talk about making you feel a little self conscious about your appearance "down-there".

mctlaw
03-11-2011, 11:20 PM
There is a difference between pulsed light hair removal and laser hair removal, but some less than reputable places will tell you there is no difference. Find out the name of the actual device they use and look it up for yourself. Only laser is proven for permanent hair removal, though apparently it is not permanent for everyone. Laser is a little more expensive. If you research it you will find some horror stories, so I recommend using a doctor instead of a technician.